CCE - Trades
Construction, Cosmetology, Drafting, Water & Wastewater, Welding
Constant change is today’s reality, requiring professionals to refine and redefine their roles as needed. No matter what field you are in now or aspire to join, continuing your education can ensure that you have what it takes to succeed. Let us help you to meet your goals. Many of our courses meet the requirements for licensure or certification renewal by a regulatory agency or credentialing body. We can help you prepare for many new professions.
Are you up to speed in your career? Interested in getting a State License? Would you like to receive NCCER Certification?
Whether you're an experienced tradesman or just starting out, you can give your construction career a boost with help from Palm Beach State College. Palm Beach State offers continuing education classes to help you get ahead. If you are interested in additional skills or knowledge many offerings are available.
- NCCER Core Certification
- NCCER - Level One Carpentry
- NCCER Electrical Level One Certification
- NCCER HVAC Level One Certification
- NCCER Plumbing Level One Certification
- NCCER Welding Level One Certification
- Introduction to Construction Drawings – Reading and Interpretation
- Contractor’s State License Exam Prep
- Introduction to Estimating for Construction
- HVAC Fiberglass Duct Certification
Attention Cosmetologists and Estheticians!
- Expand your client bookings!
- Significantly increase your income without adding hours to your day!
- Join us & learn new techniques, or brush up on your skills.
Cosmetologists of today need to stay abreast of the latest trends and produce the highest quality of work. To assist you to achieve the next level, Palm Beach State offers continuing education and training beyond basic cosmetology. No experience necessary for Hair Braiding. Upon successful completion of the course you will receive your State of Florida license. For Esthetician and Make-up courses, you must possess an active State of Florida Cosmetology or Facial Specialist license.
- Facial Techniques – Advance Tips and Tricks in the Facial Room
- Hair Braiding State License
- Hair Color Basics
- Hair Cutting: Understanding Elevation
- Highlighting Technique and Foil Placement
- Make Up Essentials and Beyond
- Microdermabrasion – How and Why it Works!
- Salon 40 Hour Lab Practices (for recent PBSC graduates only)
- Skin Care Ingredients – What Skin Care is Made of and What it Does
Most drafters now use computer aided drafting (CAD) software to prepare drawings. Palm Beach State offers numerous Continuing Education courses to help the community meet the needed skills to create drawings using several software programs. CAD systems utilize computer workstations to create drawings. Persons who produce technical drawings using CAD still function as a drafter. Each course is Instructor led by professionals from the field. Hands-on with each student utilizing individual computers.
- AutoCAD Introduction
- AutoCAD Intermediate
- Revit Architectural Drafting Introduction
- Revit Architectural Drafting Intermediate
- Revit BIM for Design Professionals, Construction & Facilities Mgs
Water & Wastewater Treatment Operations License
Palm Beach State offers an array of Water or Wastewater treatment classes to meet
your training needs. Learn what it takes to work in a water or wastewater treatment
facility ("C" LEVEL).
A state license will be your first step to a new career anywhere in the State of Florida. Many jobs are with city or county plants and include a good living wage and benefits. Palm Beach County also has several private facilities. Jobs are available in this long lasting, valuable career. Join the team to provide quality water to your community.
These non-credit continuing education courses prepare students for the Water and/or Wastewater Level "C" state license. Level "C" is offered in three parts, 54 hours each. Students must complete Part 1, Part 2, then Part 3. Upon successful completion of all three parts, students will be qualified to sit for the "C" state license exam.
An important segment of these courses provides operators information on overall plant operation and covers topics such as daily operating procedures, regulation of flows, chemical use and handling, records and reports, plant maintenance, emergency conditions and procedures, handling complaints, and energy conservation.
The Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) has approved these courses to prepare for your state exam.
- Water Treatment Operation (C Level), Part I
- Water Treatment Operation (C Level), Part II
- Water Treatment Operation (C Level), Part III
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Op (C Level) Part I
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Op (C Level), Part II
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Op (C Level), Part III
Start or improve your welding skills with our short courses. Learn how to become an NCCER certified welder. Or, if you are already an experienced welder - get your AWS Certification at Palm Beach State College. From introductory welding courses to being an NCCER or AWS certified welder, Palm Beach State College offers Continuing Education welding courses to meet your needs. All classes are taught by experienced welders.
- Stick SMAW
- Aluminum – TIG
- Aluminum – MIG
- AWS Certification
- Carbon Steel – TIG
- Carbon Steel – MIG
- NCCER Level I
- NCCER Level II
Palm Beach State College offers many AWS certifications.
Ready to Register? View current CCE course schedule.
Don't see what you're looking for? Please contact us to discuss contract training & on-demand course options.
Call (561) 868-3700 or email CCE@palmbeachstate.edu
|Register Now||Become an Adjunct||Submit Course Proposal||Contact Us/Join Mail List|