Student Learning Center (SLC)
The Student Learning Centers on each campus offer a variety of options to meet the academic support needs of individual students, including the following:
- Tutoring help! One-on-one and small group tutoring in most areas. Tutoring appointments available in most labs.
- Open study areas staffed with discipline-specific tutors to guide students as they work and study independently.
- Supplemental Instruction, a program of peer-assisted study sessions connected to individual courses.
- Discipline-specific study groups hosted in some labs.
- Interactive seminars and workshops on topics identified by students and faculty as critical to student success.
- Hands-on access to Anatomy & Physiology models with tutoring assistance.
- Personalized guidance for computer-assisted coursework or course assignments on Blackboard.
Our staff is made up of degreed tutors and/or peer tutors who are certified through the College Reading & Learning Association (CRLA) Tutor Training Program. Students have continuous access to SLC information through Facebook, Twitter, the College website, in-class orientations, and open house events.
Select a campus to view available SLC resources
Important SLC Policies
- You must have your PantherCard on you to gain access to the Labs.
- Talking on your cell phone inside the Labs is prohibited.
- Food & Drinks are not permitted inside the Labs.
- Children are not permitted inside the Labs.
Listen to students and their experience with the SLC - Student Testimonial videos
In keeping with the mission of Palm Beach State College, the Student Learning Center (SLC), which is committed to a partnership with faculty, staff, and administrators in addressing the learning needs, the academic performance, and the retention of students, exists to support students as they become independent learners.