We are honored to welcome new and returning veterans who choose Palm Beach State College for their education and training needs. Our commitment is to reach out to all veterans and support their success, just as they have supported and served our nation. We are proud to note that Palm Beach State was recently designated by G.I. Jobs magazine as a "Military Friendly School," an honor that ranks us in the top 20 percent of all colleges, universities and trade schools nationwide.
Please use the links below to guide you through the initial Palm Beach State enrollment process and to help you make a successful transition from your service career to college life.
Dr. Dennis P. Gallon
President, Palm Beach State College
GI BILL EDUCATION BENEFITS
The term GI Bill refers to any Department of Veterans Affairs education benefit earned by members of Active Duty, Selected Reserve and National Guard Armed Forces and their families. The benefit is designed to help service members and eligible veterans cover the costs associated with getting an education or training. The GI Bill has several programs and each is administrated differently - depending on a person's eligibility and duty status. Many veterans and active duty personnel can qualify for more than one Education Benefits program, including the:
- Post-9/11 GI Bill (chapter 33)
- Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB, chapter 30 and chapter 1606)
- Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP, chapter 1607)
- Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Program (DEA)
- Post Vietnam Era Veterans' Educational Assistance program (VEAP, chapter 32)
- Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP)
Depending on your individual circumstances, one of these programs may give you better benefits than the others. You should also determine any benefits to which you are entitled under Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E, chapter 31).
PALM BEACH STATE COLLEGE RESOURCE LINKS:
Admissions (your first step - apply for admission to Palm Beach State)
Advising (find out the best classes for you and your goals)
Career Center (help deciding about a major)
College Wide Student Counseling Center (they are there to help you)
Financial Aid for Veterans (you may be eligible for additional aid)
Student Activities (get involved in College Life; clubs, events and more)
Student Learning Center (need help getting back into academics?)
Veteran Affairs Certifying Officials (contact Information)
Veterans' Preference (for College job openings)
Veteran's Student Clubs (Boca Raton) (Lake Worth)
HOW TO APPLY FOR EDUCATION BENEFITS:
- Go to the GI Bill Website
- Select Apply Online from the "Apply for Benefits" menu
- Select "Launch VONAPP" (Veterans ON-line App) & begin the application process.
- Print the signature page, sign it, and return it to the Registrar at Palm Beach State.
Education Benefit Payment Rates