A student is classified as a transfer student if he/she has previously registered at any other regionally accredited college or university, regardless of the amount of time spent in attendance or credit earned.
To get started as a Transfer Student, simply follow the steps below:
Step 1: Submit an Online Application for Admission
- Submit an Application for Admission online
- Apply for Financial Aid at www.fafsa.gov and visit PBSC Financial Aid
Step 2: Pay $40 Application Fee
- The application fee is a one-time, non-refundable charge that can be paid via PantherWeb or at any campus Cashier's Office.
Note: The application fee must be submitted before any transcripts are evaluated. A student will not be eligible to receive financial aid or scholarships until Palm Beach State receives and evaluates official copies of all transcripts.
Step 3: Request Official Transcripts
- Submit high school and, if applicable, all college transcripts. Florida public high
school, college, and/or university transcripts should be sent electronically via the
Florida Automated System for Transferring Electronic Records (FASTER). Secure PDF
Transcripts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The high school transcript may be waived for admissions purposes if a student has
earned an Associate, Bachelor, or higher degree from a regionally accredited institution.
For details on how transfer credits will be applied at PBSC, review the "Transfer
Student" section under Admissions in the College Catalog.
- Students with college credit from colleges outside the U.S. must have a course-by-course commercial evaluation from an accredited company at www.NACES.org/members.htm or www.aacrao.org.
Step 4: Placement Testing (if applicable)
- Submit current ACT, SAT, Accuplacer, or PERT scores. PSAV students must take the TABE
test. Non-native English speakers must pass the LOEP test in addition to the PERT
or TABE tests. Visit the Test Center webpage for details.
- Students with successful completion of college-level English and mathematics courses from a regionally accredited college or university are not required to complete Placement Testing.
Step 5: Meet with an Academic Advisor (Recommended)
- Meet with an Academic Advisor to establish an academic plan.View hours of operation and contact info for Advisement.
Step 6: Register for Classes & Pay Tuition
Step 7: Obtain PantherCard & Parking Decal
- Bring a copy of your class schedule, vehicle registration, and valid photo ID to campus security office for parking decal. PantherCards can be obtained at any campus Bookstore.
Step 8: Purchase Textbooks & Attend Classes
- See each course syllabus for required textbooks for purchase at any campus Bookstore and attend classes. Review professor's syllabus for attendance policy.