Welcome to the AFC Palm Beach State Chapter website. If you're an AFC member, thank you for your membership and continued support — and if you're not a member, here's more about AFC and why you should join.
WHO WE ARE
AFC is a professional association for Florida's 28 public community and state colleges, their Boards, employees, retirees and associates. We actively promote, democratically represent, support and serve the individual members and institutions in their endeavors to provide their students and the citizens of Florida with the best possible comprehensive community college educational system.
Through our Chapter, we provide members the opportunity to:
- Be a part of Florida's only professional association that is for ALL college employees, which provides a pathway for professional development and career progression.
- Attend professional development workshops and building long lasting friendships with members from other colleges.
- Learn about legislative processes, receive real time updates, be part of an ongoing legislative advocacy process for Florida's state and community colleges, and through the strength of AFC membership, influence legislative outcomes, such as Florida Retirement benefits and faculty tenure.
- Build on your leadership skills, and through workshops and AFC publications, gain "Best Practices" for expanding your professional skills and knowledge.
- Be recognized and awarded by your peers for Exemplary Practices.
- Be recognized for exceptionally effective and active participation within your local AFC Chapter as well as the Student Development Commission through special service awards.
- Exchange of ideas and learn about regional activities, legislative and advocacy updates through the AFC's weekly newsletter, Perception.
- Network with those who have similar interests and job responsibilities through Commissions, conferences and the annual convention.
Palm Beach State's chapter of AFC is very active in promoting and supporting the organization as it is our voice in Tallahassee! If you're already a member, your support is truly valued. If you're not, please consider joining this wonderful association. Contact the 2013 chapter president, Tunjarnika L. Coleman-Ferrell, for any questions you may have. Please go to the AFC website at: www.myafchome.org to learn more.
Serving the Florida College System Since 1949!