eLearning Course Development
In order to better meet the needs of Palm Beach State College students participating in our eLearning program, to better serve instructional personnel in development of their online course material, to serve the needs of the College, and to enhance the quality of our online courses, the following policies are being instituted. These policies will address several key factors identified as opportunities to improve the current state of our eLearning initiative:
- Standardize the 'look' of the online courses to 'brand' the College and the individual programs participating in elearning.
- To standardize and thus simplify navigation of the courses in order to improve student retention.
- To improve utilization of classrooms.
- To assist instructors in development of course material to meet set standards for online course sites.
- And to provide quality control and continuous enhancement of our eLearning initiative.
The eLearning Department will:
- Design and maintain a 'course template' to provide a standard look of the online course sites. The department will assign these templates to instructional staff for development of course material.
- Provide workshops and online tutorials on course development standards, policies and best pedagogical practices.
- Provide assistance with development of course material, including general advice on site organization of material as well as assistance with file formatting and development of course material.
- Certify courses to ensure quality and compliance with course site requirements.
- Work with assigned teams of instructors to build college-developed courses.
- Support instructional staff with functions and use of Blackboard and other instructional software.
- Meet with the eLearning Advisory & Peer-Evaluation Committee on a regular bases to review policies, procedures and possible course site certification resolutions.