Dear eLearning Students:
Welcome to the Palm Beach State College eLearning homepage. Please feel free to explore the options and information.
Taking courses at a distance provides the convenience of accessing your classes anytime from anywhere; however that does not mean that online classes are easy. In fact, it takes more self-discipline to succeed in an online learning environment due to the absence of face-to-face interaction and mandatory physical attendance that you have in on-campus courses. Please be certain of your time management skills as well as your attention to details before registering for an online class.
Support services for eLearning students are very important and we want to make certain that you have the assistance you require when you need it. eLearning faculty members provide their students with a syllabus on the first day of the semester and inform students of the requirements for the class. Adhering to the dates and times for all assignments will help contribute to your success.
The Palm Beach State College e-Learning website will provide answers to most frequently asked questions about eLearning. Be sure to familiarize yourself with student resources so that you can get assistance with any issues that may arise.
Best wishes to you for a successful semester!
The eLearning Department
Palm Beach State College
Palm Beach State's distance learning program offers quality online courses for students that require a flexible schedule to complete their academic goals. These courses have the same rigorous curriculum and require equivalent instructional activity time necessary to complete the courses successfully as traditional on-campus classes; however, they provide flexibility for the students to determine their own study schedule.
- Courses are accessible online via the College's Learning Management System (LMS) Blackboard CE.
- Students may use their own computers or use a Palm Beach State student computer lab.
- Course instructional material is delivered in multimedia format via the LMS and students upload their assignments via the system back to the instructor.
- Students interact with their professor and other classmates through Blackboard's built in communication tools such as Bb email, threaded discussion boards, chat rooms and other tools.
- Testing is mostly administered online or at an approved Testing Center. Students who reside outside of the Palm Beach County area will work with the instructor if a Testing Center is required.
- These courses are rigorous and cover the same material as on-campus classes. Credits earned though distance learning course work are transferable and appear on transcripts just like any other class.
- All distance learning courses meet the SACS (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools) criteria.
- Costs: For fully online classes, there is an additional $12 fee per credit hour to cover the licensing and support costs of the online courses.
Distance Learning offers online courses with a focus on the delivery of the general education courses, although many other courses are available. Courses available Online are designated in the Student Course Registration System. New students can contact a distance learning academic advisor and/or the individual Programs of Study to obtain information about specific program's Online course offering.
Bachelor of Applied Science Degree (BAS) program questions,
For more Online Learning Student information, please visit specific Student sub-links on the Navigation bar.
Already a student at Palm Beach State: you will register for online classes just like other classes.
Have you activated your Palm Beach State e-mail account?
The College uses e-mail as an official means of communication with students. Students must check their e-mail address frequently in order to ensure they obtain critical information and assignments.