The Dr. Floyd F. Koch Honors College admits students who seek Honors College Distinction from Palm Beach State College in the Associate in Arts and Associate in Science degrees.
There is no additional fee for applying to the Dr. Floyd F. Koch Honors College.
Students Entering Palm Beach State College
Students are eligible to apply to the Dr. Floyd F. Koch Honors College if they meet the following recommended admission criteria:
- Have a Palm Beach State application on file
- Hold a high school 3.5 unweighted GPA and have college ready test scores
- OR -
- Meet one of the following test scores:
- SAT combined verbal and math score of 1170 -or-
- ACT average score of 24 ( English, Reading, and Math) -or-
- PERT score of 113 for reading and PERT score of 123 for writing
Please note that High School Dual Enrollment and Early Admit students do not receive early registration. Students must have permission from the Office of Dual Enrollment to enter the Dr. Floyd F. Koch Honors College.
Current Palm Beach State College Students/Transfer Students
Students who are currently enrolled at Palm Beach State College or who have recently transferred are eligible to apply to the Dr. Floyd F. Koch Honors College.
- Cumulative college level GPA of 3.5 or higher
- A minimum of 9 college credit hours completed and must not have over 42 semester hours of college credit.
Five Year Rule Students
Transcripts more than five years old will not be used against students to determine admission consideration into the Dr. Floyd F. Koch Honors College. Students will be eligible to apply if they meet the following:
- Cumulative college level of GPA of 3.5 or higher from Palm Beach State College
- A minimum of 9 Palm Beach State College credit hours completed and no more than 42 semester hours of college credit from Palm Beach State.
The Dr. Floyd F. Koch Honors College is on a rolling admission basis. Applications will be reviewed once a week on Wednesdays (excluding holidays). Any application received after the day will be reviewed the following week.
Students will be notified upon receipt that the application has been submitted. Students will be notified of their admission status no later than two weeks of receipt.
Students who are accepted into the Dr. Floyd F. Koch Honors College are required to attend an Honors College student information session during the first semester of joining the Honors College.
HONORS APPLICATION FORM