Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Provided by Aetna Resources For Living, this is a free benefit provided to you, our full-time and regular part-time employees and your household members, that allows you to confidentially address and resolve personal and workplace challenges. The EAP offers short-term counseling on all aspects of life at no cost to you (up to 5 sessions per issue, unlimited issues).
You can receive legal and financial guidance from a qualified professional, including a free initial consultation for each issue (Legal issues beyond initial consults are provided at a reduced rate).
On-line Worklife Resources
Find a range of resources including childcare, eldercare, adoption and daily living issues
Visit the Aetna Resources For Living website at www.resourcesforliving.com
Or call 1(800) 272-7252, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
When calling, please reference Florida College System Risk Management Consortium
Wellness Incentive Program
Palm Beach State College offers a wellness incentive program to all full-time faculty and staff and all regular part-time employees. Who is eligible?
Full-time faculty and staff who are not participants in the College's health insurance plan AND take part in the health assessment conducted in October at each campus by Florida Blue are eligible to receive $25 from the College through payroll.
Full-time faculty and staff who are covered by the College's health insurance are eligible to participate in Florida Blue's Blue Rewards Program. Participants have the opportunity to receive up to $175 in rewards depending upon their level of participation.
Part-time employees are eligible to receive $25 through payroll after submitting a completed Health Screening form to Human Resources from their physician indicating the criteria of the assessment were conducted with their medical provider. You have through December 31 of each year to submit your form.
Adjunct faculty, student workers, student assistants, tutors and temporary employees are not eligible to participate.
Notice: ADA and GINA Rules for Wellness Programs
Blue Rewards is a positive way to help you improve your health through a variety of activities, tools and resources, including an online personal health assessment. This program is available in partnership with Florida Blue for full-time employees who participate in the medical plan.
How do I get started?
- Visit www.floridablue.com If you have not done so, register with your Florida Blue member ID and a valid email
address. You can find Blue Rewards under "Health & Wellness" and then "Discounts & Rewards".
- You can earn points by attending health screenings on campus, attending wellness seminars
and setting and completing goals in "My Health Assistant". For a complete listing of activities and their point value, please see Your BlueRewards Checklist.
- You can earn up to 700 points. Points can be earned from February 1, 2017 through
December 31, 2017. You can redeem your rewards through January 31, 2018.
- Once 100 points have been earned, you can start redeeming for rewards by clicking the "Redeem Now" link on the Blue Rewards totals page. You can browse merchandise available and even create a "wish" list of merchandise. Questions about rewards? You can speak to a Customer Service Representative at (800)330-7800 or email email@example.com.
Questions on missing or incorrect points? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Florida Blue customer service at 1-888-476-2227. Issues with FloridaBlue.com registration or login? Call 1-800-352-2583.
Ways to earn points
- Gym Utilization Incentive. You must visit your gym at least 25 times per quarter for
a yearly total of 100 visits in order to qualify for the $150 contribution towards
your membership costs. Gym Utilization FAQs. As part of the gym utilization incentive, Florida Blue has partnered with Healthways to provide discounted access to nearly 9,000 fitness locations nationwide for $25/month
per participant. You must submit the completed and signed gym utilization form to
your Benefits Administrator quarterly, by April 5, July 5, October 5 and December 18. Gym Utilization Quarterly Form
- Registered Nurse Education/Coach Program: Enroll to improve your health through guidance
and support and complete a minimum of three phone calls with a registered nurse. For
more information, email email@example.com or call 1-800-477-3736 ext. 54837, Monday- Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Healthy Addition Prenatal Program: Enroll employee or covered spouse. For more information,
email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-955-7635 and select option 6.
- Earn points for receiving your annual flu shot and wellness exam.
Health Screenings will be conducted by Florida Blue at all Palm Beach State College campuses during the month of October 2017. Available to all full-time Palm Beach State College employees.
These will include:
- Free voluntary health screenings for cholesterol, diabetes, blood pressure and more - with immediate results
- Tips on health related topics such as nutrition, diet and fitness.
- Valuable information to help you maximize your health benefits.
- Experts on site to answer your health questions.
Know Your Numbers. Your health screening will tell you your health risk factors, show you how you can modify those risk factors and reduce your risk of developing chronic conditions. Plus, when you make a change for the better, your score will improve the next time you take it.
Earn Blue Rewards points. When you complete your health screening, you can earn up to 80 points in the Blue Rewards program. You can earn additional points if you are in the recommended range for BMI, cholesterol, and blood pressure. Please visit the Blue Rewards webpage for additional information on how to earn and redeem additional points.