This 1,200 clock hour PSAV certificate program prepares the student for employment as a licensed cosmetologist.
Please join us for a free
February 12 or March 12 or April 9
4:00 - 5:00 pm Cosmetology/Facial Specialist & Nail Technician Overview
ETD Building - Room 108 | Lake Worth campus
Daytime classes begin June 12, 2018
Part-time evening classes begin May 14, 2018
Early registration for the Summer Term: March 19, 2018
Open registration: March 28, 2018
Daytime classes begin September 17, 2018
Full-time evening classes begin September 17, 2018
Early registration for the Fall Term: April 24, 2018
Open registration: May 2, 2018
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I have to do to enroll in the Cosmetology program?
- Apply at www.PalmBeachState.edu/Admissions
- There is a one-time $40.00 application fee
- If you require financial aid, submit a FAFSA via www.FAFSA.ed.gov
- Submit all high school and college transcripts
- Attend an information session. They are held at least three times a semester.
- Speak to the Trade and Industry advisor to be admitted
- Take the TABE exam or prove you have an exemption
- Sign up for classes
How do I prove I have an exemption from the TABE exam?
- ACT/SAT/PERT/CPT scores- college level
- College level English/Math
- Florida Public/Charter High School Grad after 2007
- AAS degree or higher from regionally accredited college
- Industry certification- to be determined by advisor or program director.
What is the schedule for the Cosmetology program?
New daytime Cosmetology classes begin in January, June, and September. Students are in class Monday through Friday from 8:30am-3:30pm (includes a 1 hour lunch) and will complete this program in 12 months. New part-time evening classes begin in May and a full-time program begins in September. Part-time classes are Monday through Thursday from 4:00pm-10:00pm and will complete this program in 14 months. Full-time classes are Monday through Friday from 4:00pm-10:00pm and will complete this program in 12 months.
What is the schedule during the summer months?
The same as all the other terms.
What is the cost of the program?
The in-state tuition fee for the 1200 hour program is approximately $4300 (this includes an upgraded hair kit valued at $700 and a Medical Insurance Fee of $14.25 per year). Non-Florida resident tuition is approximately $20,300 for the 1200 hour program. In addition, a textbook will be required - cost is approximatley $150. The PBSC Bookstore will price match from reputable book sources.
Are uniforms required?
Yes, black scrubs are required. Cost is approximately $40. No sandals or open toe shoes allowed.
Program Classes Cover:
- Hair cutting and Styling
- Manicures and Pedicures
- Salon Management
- Students also gain experience performing services for clients in a salon setting.
Cosmetology, facial and nail services are open to the public and the Palm Beach State community for reasonable fees.
Check Admissions Status
Your admission to the Cosmetology program may be delayed for one or more of the following reasons:
- You have not taken the TABE or provided proof of exemption.
- You have not had an advising session with a PSAV advisor.
- You have completed 50% of your program courses and have not satisfied the VPI co-requisite course requirements.
Some students entering this program are required to take the TABE test. For more information on the TABE and/or to complete the admissions procedures, e-mail the PSAV advisor: Mikayel Ishmael or call for an appointment (561) 868-3557.
This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
For more information about the Lake Worth campus Cosmetology program, please contact Cherri McKinnon or call (561) 868-3851.
If you are interested in the Cosmetology program held at the Belle Glade campus, please contact Gloria McAllister or call (561) 993-1175.