Please join us for a free Program Information Session
June 12, July 10 or August 14, 2018
4:00 - 4:30 pm - Facial Specialist & Nail Technician Overview
4:30 - 5:00 pm - Cosmetology Overview
Lake Worth campus
Fall Term - 2018
Full-time day class begins: August 23, 2018
Full-time day class begins: November 19, 2018
Part-time evening class begins: August 23, 2018
Early registration for the Fall Term: April 24, 2018
Open registration: May 2, 2018
Spring Term - 2019
Full-time day class begins: January 4, 2019
Part-time evening class begins: February 12, 2019
Early registration for the SpringTerm: October 9, 2018
Open registration: Oct 15, 2018
This intensive 260 clock hour PSAV certificate program prepares the student for employment as a registered facial specialist. The program features small class sizes, and is offered days and evenings. The state licensing exam is administered onsite.
Cosmetology, facial and nail services are open to the public and PBSC community for Salon pricing.
You will learn:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Sanitation and Sterilization
- Skin Analysis
- Facial Machines
- Hair Removal
- On-site Facial Specialist Licensure Exam
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What do I have to do to enroll in the Facial Specialist (esthetician) program?
- Apply at www.PalmBeachState.edu/Admissions
- There is a one-time $40.00 application fee
- This program does not qualify for financial aid.
- Attend an information session (recommended but optional). They are held at least three times a semester.
- Sign up for classes
2. What is the schedule for the Facial program?
New daytime Facial classes are continuously offered throughout the year - Monday through Friday from 8:30am-4:00pm (includes a 1 hour lunch) and will complete in approximately eight (8) weeks.
New part-time evening classes begin in March and August - Tuesday through Thursday from 6:00pm-10:00pm and will complete this program in approximately six (6) months.
3. What is the schedule during the summer months?
The same as all the other terms.
4. What is the cost of the program?
The in-state tuition is approximately $722.80, Non-Florida is approximately $2887.
5. Are uniforms/books/kit required?
Yes, a white scrub will be worn over black scrub pants. No sandals or open toe shoes allowed. Also, purchase the Facial Kit from the PBSC Bookstore only - the cost is approximately $150. The ISBN for the textbook is 9781111306892. The PBSC Bookstore will price match from reputable book sources.