Please join us for a free
January 8 or February 12 or March 12 or April 16
4:00-4:30pm Facial Specialist & Nail Technician
4:30-5:30pm Cosmetology Overview
Building ETD - Room 108 | Lake Worth campus
Spring Term daytime classes begin January 5, 2018
Spring Term evening classes begin February 27, 2018
Early registration begins October 9, 2017
Open Registration is October 17, 2017
Summer Term daytime classes begin May 14, 2018
Early registration for th Summer Term: March 19, 2018
Open registration: March 28, 2018
This intensive 260 clock hour PSAV certificate program prepares the student for employment as a registered facial specialist. The program features small class sizes, and is offered days and evenings. The state licensing exam is administered onsite.
Cosmetology, facial and nail services are open to the public and PBSC community for reasonable prices.
You will learn:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Sanitation and Sterilization
- Skin Analysis
- Facial Machines
- Hair Removal
- On-site Facial Specialist Licensure Exam
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What do I have to do to enroll in the Facial Specialist (esthetician) program?
- Apply at www.PalmBeachState.edu/Admissions
- There is a one-time $40.00 application fee
- This program does not qualify for financial aid.
- Attend an information session (recommended but optional). They are held at least three times a semester.
- Sign up for classes
2. What is the schedule for the Facial program?
New daytime Facial classes begin in January, May, and August. Students are in class Monday through Friday from 8:30am-4:00pm (includes a 1 hour lunch) and will complete this program in approximately eight (8) weeks. New evening classes begin in February and August. Students are in class Tuesday through Thursday from 6:00pm-10:00pm and will complete this program in approximately six (6) months.
3. What is the schedule during the summer months?
The same as all the other terms.
4. What is the cost of the program?
The in-state tuition is approximately $749, Non-Florida is approximately $2863.
5. Are uniforms required?
Yes, a white scrub top or white smock top will be worn over black scrub pants. No sandals or open toe shoes allowed.
Cherri McKinnon 561-868-3851