Please join us for a free
September 11- canceled due to hurricane
October 16 * November 6 * December 4
4:00-4:30pm Facial Specialist & Nail Technician
4:30-5:30pm Cosmetology Overview
Building ETA - Room 107 | Lake Worth campus
Fall Term evening classes begin August 23, 2017
Early registration for the Fall Term: April 24, 2017
Open registration: May 2, 2017
Spring Term evening classes begin January 4, 2018
Early registration for the Spring Term: October 9, 2017
Open registration: October 17, 2017
This intensive 260 clock hour PSAV certificate program prepares the student for employment as a registered facial specialist. The program features small class sizes, and is offered days and evenings. The state licensing exam is administered onsite.
Cosmetology, facial and nail services are open to the public and PBSC community for reasonable prices.
You will learn:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Sanitation and Sterilization
- Skin Analysis
- Facial Machines
- Hair Removal
- On-site Facial Specialist Licensure Exam
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What do I have to do to enroll in the Facial Specialist (esthetician) program?
- Apply at www.PalmBeachState.edu/Admissions
- There is a one-time $40.00 application fee
- This program does not qualify for financial aid.
- Attend an information session (recommended but optional). They are held at least three times a semester.
- Sign up for classes
2. What is the schedule for the Facial program?
New daytime Facial classes begin in January, May, and August. Students are in class Monday through Friday from 8:30am-4:00pm (includes a 1 hour lunch) and will complete this program in approximately eight (8) weeks. New evening classes begin in February and August. Students are in class Tuesday through Thursday from 6:00pm-10:00pm and will complete this program in approximately six (6) months.
3. What is the schedule during the summer months?
The college is closed on Fridays starting the second week in May until the third week in August. Daytime hours during this period are Monday through Thursday from 8:00am-4:00pm (includes a ½ hour lunch).
4. What is the cost of the program?
The in-state tuition is approximately $749, Non-Florida is approximately $2863.
5. Are uniforms required?
Yes, a white scrub top or white smock top will be worn over black scrub pants. No sandals or open toe shoes allowed.
Cherri McKinnon 561-868-3851