Palm Beach State's $10k Bachelor's Degree
This incentive program lets in-state students earn both an associate and bachelor’s degree at PBSC for only $10,000.*
Tuition for four years at Palm Beach State College—two pursuing an associate degree, followed by two pursuing a bachelor’s degree—will typically cost under $14,000. The incentive program gives in-state students the opportunity to reduce their total tuition cost.
Program Acceptance and Ongoing Requirements
Beginning spring term 2018, all in-state students are opted into the $10K program upon their initial enrollment at Palm Beach State College. There are no forms or applications to fill out. In order to remain in the program, students must meet the following requirements on a continuing basis:
- Maintain Florida residency;
- Must have completed either an Associate in Arts (A.A.) degree or an Associate in Science (A.S.) degree at Palm Beach State College. While PBSC no longer offers the Associate in Applied Science degree, in-state A.A.S. graduates may be eligible.
- Maintain an overall 2.5 GPA.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year;
- Complete the associate and bachelor’s degrees within six years of initial enrollment at PBSC.
*Not all costs are covered:
- Prep and repeat courses, withdrawals, failures or credit hours taken outside the program of study are excluded and are the responsibility of the student.
- Costs associated with special course fees, lab fees, textbooks, or associated costs are excluded and are the responsibility of the student.
At the completion of your A.A./A.S. and B.A.S./B.S.N. degrees, the College will determine if you have continuously met all of the eligibility requirements of the $10K degree program. If all requirements have been met, you will receive a refund on tuition payments over $10,000, after deducting any financial aid you received during your time at PBSC. You will not be reimbursed for any of the uncovered costs mentioned above.
Start with an associate degree:
- You can customize the Associate in Arts degree by choosing electives that fit the prerequisite requirements of your intended bachelor’s degree major.
- PBSC also offers Associate in Science degrees in many career disciplines, including business, accounting, computer science, human services, health sciences, creative arts, criminal justice and many more.
If you establish your career goals early, with the help of PBSC academic and career advisors, you can tailor your associate degree choices to fit the B.A.S. prerequisite criteria. Learn more about associate degree options on the Areas of Study page.
Bachelor of Applied Science degrees:
All PBSC associate degrees transfer into the College’s B.A.S. degrees:
- B.A.S. degree in Supervision & Management, with concentrations in General Management, Entrepreneurship, Health Management, and Project Management
- B.A.S. degree in Information Management, with concentrations in Database Administration, Project Management, and Security and Network Assurance.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree:
Students interested in earning the B.S.N. degree, should begin with the PBSC’s Associate in Science degree in Nursing.
How to keep on track
The six-year cap gives students flexibility in completing both associate and bachelor’s degrees at PBSC, which typically takes about four years, or two years per degree. However, students are encouraged to take courses in the recommended sequence and meet with an academic advisor often, in order to keep on track to a timely graduation.
If you have questions or need more information, please contact:
Associate Degree Admissions
Go to www.palmbeachstate.edu/Advising and contact the Academic Advising office on your campus.
Bachelor’s Degree Programs Admissions
Joanette Rodriguez, Admissions Advisor
Phone: 561-868-4105 | Email: BDPadmissions@palmbeachstate.edu