Current Open Positions:
DEPARTMENT: Quality Assurance
REPORTS TO: Quality Assurance Manager
The responsibility of the Laboratory Intern is to perform sample preparation, biochemical (enzyme) assays and other laboratory tests on biomass substrates and product samples following approved protocols and guidelines.
College coursework in Life Sciences or related field or analytical laboratory experience is required. Intermediate mathematical skills, experience with lab equipment, and basic understanding of cGLP (Current Good Laboratory Practices) also necessary. Candidates should be able to evaluate documentation and operations according to company procedures and understand basic word processing, presentation and spreadsheet application skills.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
1. Be willing to learn analytical assays and/or procedures with training by Dyadic Laboratory personnel.
1. Perform professionally, efficiently and accurately the preparation and cleanup of substrates for testing per approved protocols.
2. Perform professionally, efficiently and accurately analytical assays. Including tracking standard curves (standards, controls, etc.) and testing per approved written analytical procedures (Protocols).
3. Report results to supervisor on a daily basis in a form acceptable to management.
4. Perform other laboratory related duties as directed.
Improvement of Analytical Testing:
1. Implement improvements at management's direction.
2. Help to validate current and future analytical assays.
1. To log, store, and properly dispose of all incoming samples as directed.
1. Maintain instruments within calibration as directed.
2. Maintain record keeping on all instruments in the laboratory as directed.
1. Follow good laboratory safety practices, including the use of glasses, gloves and other necessary protective equipment while working in the laboratory.
1. Maintain a daily record of hours worked and submit to supervisor weekly.
2. The Intern position is part time/temporary and as such is not entitled to full employee benefits such as health insurance, 401K, Paid Vacation or Holiday Pay.
College coursework with a scientific major preferred but may be substituted with adequate laboratory experience.This person must be self-motivated, punctual, able to take direction, able to work at times with little direct supervision.
Those interested should contact Scott Robinson at 561-340-1060 x2609.
As part of the biotechnology program at Palm Beach State, you will be prepared to apply the hands-on knowledge learned at one of more than 25 leading bioscience companies and research institutes in our area!
Whatever your scientific interests may be, we can place you with an internship that will fulfill your future career interests and goals. Upon successful completion of your internship, you will be equipped with the tools to either further your education or obtain a job within the biotech industry.
Internship opportunities are with companies or research institutions such as: