The Criminal Justice Institute at Palm Beach State College is a Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission certified Type "A" Training Center offering a full range of professional training opportunities in the Criminal Justice field. These training opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Basic Recruit Training Program for Law Enforcement
- Basic Recruit Training Program for Corrections
- Cross-over from Correctional to Law Enforcement
- Cross-over from Law Enforcement to Correctional
- Equivalency of Training Course for both Law Enforcement and Correction
- Auxiliary Law Enforcement Academy
- 911 Public Safety Tele-Communicator
- Advanced, Specialized and Instructor Training Programs
There are a limited number of seats available. Prerequisites are:
- You have taken and passed the BAT for the discipline you are seeking.
- You must have taken and passed the PAT at this Institute. (Law Enforcement only)
- You must have been given a personal history questionnaire from the Selection Center Specialist.
Accepting Applications for:
August (full-time) Law Enforcement Academy from June 6 - June 9
September (part-time) Law Enforcement Academy from June 20 - June 23
Please come to PSC123 between 8:00am and 4:00pm.
Interested in Corrections Crossover to Law Enforcement? Information Sessions for both day and evening classes will be held Thursday, July 7 @ 9am and 6pm. Classes would begin in Fall 2016
CJ BAT given at Lake Worth campus Testing Center.
Call them at (561) 868-3012 for testing hours and information.
Institute's Monthly Updates
Minimum Requirements for Entry
NEW Physical Agility Test (PAT) Registration Procedures
Physician Clearance To Test Form
Authorization to Attend Form (For sponsoring agencies only)
Carry Conceal Permits and HR 218 Cards
Financial Aid Important Information:
If you are planning to use Financial Aid for the LE Academy, you should have your official high school and college transcripts on file with the College Admissions Office. You should request them in advance to allow registrar's office processing time, that can be up to 12 weeks. For more information contact the Financial Aid office @ (561) 868-3330
Palm Beach State College is committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to its facilities, educational programs, employment or activities without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
"Like" us on Facebook for News and Updates
Need more Information? - Click here for a listing of the Criminal Justice staff