- The Criminal Justice Institute at Palm Beach State College is a Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission certified Type "A" Training Center offering a full range of professional training opportunities in the Criminal Justice field. These training opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Basic Recruit Training Program for Law Enforcement
- Basic Recruit Training Program for Corrections
- Cross-over from Traditional Correctional to CMS Law Enforcement
- Cross-over from CMS Law Enforcement to Traditional Correctional
- Equivalency of Training Course
- Auxiliary Law Enforcement Academy
- 911 Public Safety Tele-Communicator
- Career Development Programs
- Advanced Training Programs
- Specialized Training Programs
CJ BAT given at the Lake Worth campus Testing Center. Contact them at (561) 868-3012 for testing hours and information.
Institute's Monthly Updates
Minimum Requirements for Entry
NEW Physical Agility Test (PAT) Registration Procedures
Physician Clearance To Test Form
Authorization to Attend Form (For sponsoring agencies only)
Carry Conceal Permits and HR 218 Cards
The Selection Center is no longer accepting applications for the May 2014 full time LE academy.
Financial Aid Important Information:
If you are planning to use Financial Aid for the LE Academy, you should have your official high school and college transcripts on file with the College Admissions Office. You should request them in advance to allow registrar's office processing time, that can be up to 12 weeks. For more information contact the Financial Aid office @ (561) 868-3330
Background Questionnaire Drop off and Review
All applicants must make an appointment with Selection Center Specialist Christine Todaro to drop off the background questionnaire so it can be reviewed. Make appointments via e-mail @ email@example.com
Applications will be accepted by appointment only. For an appointment contact Chris Todaro via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palm Beach State College is committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to its facilities, educational programs, employment or activities without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
"Like" us on Facebook for News and Updates
Need more Information? - Click here for a listing of the Criminal Justice staff