If you are a caring and concerned person, who is searching for a career that can help improve the lives of others, then the Human Services Program may be for you! This degree program is designed with three tracks: traditional human services, addiction studies and youth development.
- The general Human Services track will prepare the student for an entry level position as a human services specialist in areas such as children's services; family counseling; working with juveniles and adolescents; drug and alcohol abuse; the elderly, socially and economically handicapped; mentally or emotionally handicapped and others.
- The Addiction Studies track prepares students for employment as chemical dependency practitioners, addiction specialists and substance abuse counselors. The program provides the academic training necessary to obtain state certification.
- The Youth Development track will prepare the student for an entry-level position as a youth worker in areas such as recreation programs; youth counselor; social and human services assistant; child, family and school social work; social and community service program directors and other youth service occupations in community-based, residential, group home and other youth work environments.
The Human Services program transfers directly into the Palm Beach State College Bachelor of Applied Science degree in Supervision and Management, and there is a transfer agreement in place that allows the Human Services general track students to transfer directly into FAU's Bachelor of Social Work program.
In the Human Services program:
- Core courses are taught by licensed mental health professionals
- Field work provides hands-on experience, networking opportunities and job prospects
- Scholarships are available to qualified students
- More than 90% of graduates go on to pursue four-year degrees in social work or psychology
For Information Contact:
Suzie Duff at 561-868-3461 or email email@example.com
Are you an addictions professional? Palm Beach State College offers non-credit CAP continuing education courses. Click here to learn more.
-->> HELP SUPPORT
the Human Services program scholarship by using http://www.goodsearch.com/ for your web search needs. Simply open the site and select Palm Beach State College as the charitable organization to support.