Instructions and requirements
Motor Vehicle Registration
All students driving a motor vehicle on campus must obtain a Palm Beach State parking decal/permit.
- The parking decal shall be adhered to the outside of the left rear window or left rear bumper.
- Remove the decal upon transferring ownership of the vehicle.
- Notify Campus Security of vehicle title transfer.
- Florida Atlantic University is no longer honoring Palm Beach State decals at the FAU Boca Raton campus, with the exception of vehicles parked in Parking Garage #1 and Lot 19 at the FAU library. FAU decals are honored at all Palm Beach State campuses, and students with an FAU decal must comply with Palm Beach State traffic and parking regulations.
Please note: Student decals expire August 2016.
Reserved decals are restricted to full-time and regular part-time employees and will not be issued to temporary or student employees. Reserved parking areas are for faculty and staff only. Students can park at any unmarked space but may not park in Reserved or Visitor spaces.
These spaces are clearly marked with disability parking signs and are monitored by campus security and law enforcement agencies.
Temporary Permits - This dashboard pass will be issued for classes less than six weeks in duration by the host division or to employees of contractors working on campus.
Short Term Permits - The Security Office will issue a pass for unregistered vehicles, valid for up to three days. These passes must be displayed on the dashboard with expiration dates clearly visible.
Traffic and Parking Violations
- Drivers must obey all posted signs, arrows, control devices, and lines displayed for public safety.
- Driver and vehicle must be registered in accordance with state law.
- Maximum speed on campus is 20 miles per hour.
- Vehicles displaying a defaced, altered or expired decal could result in a citation.
- Pedestrians have the right of way at all campus crosswalks. Vehicles must come to a complete stop when a pedestrian is in the crosswalk.
- Vehicles displaying a student decal must park in spaces with unmarked wheel stops. Parking in a space marked Visitor or Reserved at any time will result in a citation.
- Licensed motorcycles must display a parking decal and are subject to four-wheel vehicle regulations.
- Parking or driving on planted areas or sidewalks is prohibited.
- No overnight parking is permitted, except for college sanctioned and authorized educational or athletic activities.
- Vehicles may occupy only one parking space and are not permitted to park or stand curbside, in a fire lane, or in a no parking area.
Registration, transcripts and final grades will be withheld until fines are resolved.
Traffic and Parking violation.................$20 per infraction
Disability violation.......$298.50 Citation
Fines can be paid on line, by mail or at any Palm Beach State College Cashier's office.
If you receive a parking citation that you feel is unjust, you may initiate an appeal by completing the Online Appeal Form.
Vehicle Jump Starts
Palm Beach State College Security Department is now equipped with a Battery Charger. If you find yourself on campus and in need of a jump start, call you Security Office and give the dispatcher your name, vehicle description and location. You will be asked to sign a waiver of liability before any action is taken.
Without this waiver, no jump start of you vehicle can be attempted by a Security Officer.
Disabled/Abandoned vehicle: After five workdays the vehicle will be towed from campus at the owners expense. Extended vehicle repair on campus is prohibited. Vehicle hazard: Vehicles creating a hazard by parking in roadways, fire lanes or loading zones maybe towed immediately at the owner's expense.
Reference: Board Policy 6Hx-18-4.272 Fees for Parking and Board Policy 6Hx-18-4.273 Parking & Traffic Control, Legal Authority under F.S.S. 1001.64 (24) State college boards of trustees: powers and duties.