|Location: Lake Worth campus TC 210
||Phone: (561) 868-3205||Hours|
The College Reading Lab Helps Students:
- Develop better, faster study strategies
- Improve memory and comprehension
- Build vocabulary
- Develop test-taking strategies
- Improve English for non-native as well as native speakers
- Understand literature & poetry
- Think critically
Appointments or Walk-Ins Welcome
Schedule an Appointment Online
To schedule your appointment:
- Register (if it's your first time).
- Log in (make sure you select the correct lab).
- Click a white box to schedule an appointment. Fill out required information. You may
select a tutor of your choice.
- You will receive an email confirmation. If you cannot keep your appointment, please
log in and cancel.
Important SLC Policies
- You must have your PantherCard on you to gain access to the Labs.
- Talking on your cell phone inside the Labs is prohibited.
- Food & Drinks are not permitted inside the Labs.
- Children are not permitted inside the Labs.
Proven Study Methods
Tutors help students with
- Creative Ways to Study Textbooks
- Marvelous Memory Magic
- Prioritizing & Managing Time
- Effective Note-Taking
- Graphic Organizers
- Conversational English Practice
- English Language Software
- All day, tutors are available for coaching in reading & writing skills.
- ESL Online Reading & Vocabulary Practice
- Reference Material
- Practice handouts
The "Wow Factor"
The wow-factor is something that students develop before writing (or before presenting) about something they've read. It's an element of their thinking that begins in the reading process and continues in their writing, making their audience say "Wow!"
Tutors who specialize in the wow-factor help students draw conclusions from their reading so they can "wow" their audience in the following ways:
- Come up with challenging or engaging conclusions
- Create sound arguments from available evidence
- Create vivid analogies
- Develop sensitivity to other points of view
Free Online Reading & Study Tips
Tutor Hints for Reading Skills
Tutor Hints for Critical Thinking
Hints for Studying
Reading to Write