Selling to the Government Made Easy
Educating Florida businesses on government policies to generate sales and jobs to improve Florida's business climate and economic development.
About the PTAC Program
The Florida Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) Program was established in 1985 to help any business located in Florida (small or large, profit or non-profit) interested in obtaining contracts with the Department of Defense (DOD), other federal agencies, state/local government agencies and government prime contractors.
The PTAC Program is a specialized program under the Florida Small Business Development Center Network (FSBDCN), funded by the Department of Defense. Procurement assistance is available statewide through PTAC offices in Pensacola, Ft. Walton Beach, Jacksonville, Orlando, Tampa, Boca Raton and Ft. Myers. Counseling is provided by Procurement Specialists, trained and experienced in the government procurement processes.
Florida PTAC Program clients have won over $6.1 billion in contracts since 1986, helping to create or retain 140,000 jobs.
Services-Free of Charge
- One-on-one confidential counseling sessions
- Assistance in preparing 8(a) certification applications
- Guidance on various government requirements
- Access to wide range of procurement resources
- Referrals to HAAS Center for Business Research (www.haas.uwf.edu)
- Training events on government procurement topics (nominal fees may be charged for training events)
Areas of Counseling
- Solicitation/bid analysis
- Review of GSA schedules solicitations
- Identification of cost elements
- Contract Administration
- Payment problems
- Contract modification implications
- Liaison between clients and government agencies
- Documentation of financial capability to perform
- Development of evidence to show technical ability to perform
- Facilities capabilities
- Information on major federal buying activities
- Location of potential subcontracting opportunities
- Central Contractor Registration (CCR)
- Government procurement websites
Areas of Training
Basic Training Seminars
- GSA Schedules
- How to Write a Winning Proposal
- Marketing Techniques and Strategies
- 8(a) Certification and MBE Certification
- HUBZone and Veteran Initiatives
Quality Assurance Seminars
- Special contract requirements
Special Training Programs
- Post-Award Administration
- Subcontracting Opportunities
- DOD Mentor-Protege Pilot Program
- Defense Conversion, Reinvestment and Transition
- Radio Frequency Identification Device (RFID)
CLICK HERE for the Current List of PTAC Workshops
What Are Businesses Saying About PTAC?
"I would recommend highly PTAC for their assistance. Very helpful and willing to help all the way."
"PTAC was instrumental in our recent award of a General Services Administration Federal Supply Schedule Contract."
"PTAC has been a tremendous help to our company. The professional 'can do' attitude, coupled with vast experience in contracting matters have helped us acquire new contracting opportunities."
"Use PTAC! Take advantage of the great opportunities and services they provide."
For more information or to schedule an appointment,
contact a procurement specialist:
Room AD 308 - (561) 862-4782
Room AD 304 - (561) 862-4781
© 2009 Small Business Development Center at Palm Beach State College
t 561.862.4726 f 561.862.4727 | email@example.com