Public Forums & Distribution Guidelines
. . . for non-Palm Beach State College Entities
The regulation of any commercial or solicitation activity on a PBSC campus is necessary to preserve the educational mission of the College, to prevent unnecessary distraction during classes and study periods, to provide for the safety of our students, faculty, and staff members, and to protect the property of students, faculty, staff, and the College.
Commercial or for profit entities are not permitted to solicit on campus. Non-profit
organizations (as defined by the Federal Internal Revenue Code) may distribute materials
(to include but not limited to post cards, petitions, flyers booklets, pamphlets,
magazine and newspapers) on the campus under the following guidelines. (Tax exemption
number is acceptable)
- Requests for distribution must be submitted in writing to the campus Student Services
Dean or designee no later than three business days prior to the requested date of
distribution, and if all public forum spaces are reserved, another date would be negotiated.
Written approval is required and must be produced by the parties upon request.
- Approved entities’ representatives must remain in the designated area or behind tables
provided by the campus.
- No person, including a student or employee, shall distribute any petition, handbill,
object, or piece of material; post or carry any sign, placard; or engage in speech
if it is obscene, libelous, or directed to inciting or producing imminent lawless
action or is likely to incite or produce such action.
- Distribution of materials must be conducted in a manner that does not interrupt or
interfere with the academic programs or administrative activities of the college or
any program or activity that is conducted by or is authorized by the College; does
not interfere with entry to or exit from a building, structure, or facility; does
not interfere with the flow of pedestrians or vehicular traffic on sidewalks or streets
or at places of ingress and egress to and from property, buildings, or facilities;
does not harass, or intimidate the person or persons being solicited; and does not
violate applicable State, federal, or local laws or regulations. Signage is limited
to no more than two feet from the table.
- The Dean of Student Services or designee will determine the location of each table
to be staffed. The locations of tables shall be reasonable to assure access by students
but also assure free flow of pedestrian traffic.
- Individual organizations may distribute materials no more than 3 days in a semester
and no more than nine days in a calendar year on any one campus of the college.
- Individuals or groups seeking to conduct voter registration must be cleared through
the Supervisory of Elections Office and provide their Third Party Voter Registration
- Materials promoting activities or businesses that deal in products or merchandise
which is not legal for minors to obtain or purchase is not permitted.
- Audio/Visual materials must be appropriate for viewing by minors that may be present
on the campus.
- Audio equipment must be adjusted as not to be heard more than fifteen feet from the
- The sale of items or publication, solicitation of funds and exchange of currency is
Failure to comply with these regulations and other rules and regulations of the College may result in the revocation of an organization’s privilege to distribute materials at the college. Persons violating this policy will be asked to leave by campus administration or security. Employers wanting to recruit on campus should consult the on the Career Center webpage.