Palm Beach State College understands the value and importance of having information on the Web to assist students in their educational goals. Palm Beach State's Web policies were created to encourage consistency, accuracy, and promote a standardized branding across academic and department webpages college-wide.
The quality of the information published by the College plays an important role in presenting PBSC to the community and maintaining its reputation and image as a major educational institution in Palm Beach County. All PBSC webpages represent Palm Beach State College and all are expected to follow the Web Standards and Best Practices policies.
Updates Needed to Existing Web Pages?
All Palm Beach State College departments have at least one assigned Web Maintainer who has gone through Web training and have access to edit their department web pages. If you do not know who your Web Maintainer is, email an info request.
Need Web Training?
New Web Maintainer Training Request:
If your supervisor has designated you to be a Web Maintainer for your area and you have not completed the 2-hour OU Campus training, have your supervisor email a request for you be trained and given access to your PBSC department web pages. Click the REGISTER image below to see if any training is currently scheduled (Intranet login is required). Once registered, please print the User Manual to bring to training class.
Current Web Maintainer Training:
If you have already completed the 2-hour OU Campus training but would still like some assistance, hands-on workshops are periodically offered and/or desk-side coaching can be scheduled. Click the REGISTER image below to see if any workshops are currently scheduled (Intranet login is required). You may also attend the New User training as often as you like for a refresher.
New User Training and Hands-on Workshops are scheduled as needed, based on demand.
New Web Area Needed?
To have a new web area added to the Palm Beach State College web site, email your request with the following information:
- Desired URL name of the new web area
- The target audience
- The general purpose of the new web page(s)
- How many pages of information are anticipated.
- The umbrella or related academic program or College area this new area should fall under or is it a stand-alone?
- The “Owner” of the pages (1 name only - an Assoc Dean, Dean or equivalent) who is ultimately responsible for the content of the new web area. No training is required.
- The name of the “Web Maintainer” who will make the updates and changes to the pages. This person must attend a 2-hour OU Campus training before they are given access to the web pages.
VACANT, Web Content Manager
Julie Foos, Web Communications Specialist
Tish Sailer, Web Content Specialist