Career Ready Certificate Program
Make a positive impression and launch your career
|STUDENTS||CAREER READY CERTIFICATE PROGRAM||EMPLOYERS||ALUMNI||MENTORS||INTERNSHIPS||EVENTS & FAIRS||CONTACT US||HANDSHAKE||CAREER HOME|
Employers are looking to hire college students and recent graduates who know how to use their talents, strengths and interests.
The Career Ready Certificate Program at Palm Beach State College (PBSC) is a career preparation program comprised of a program orientation, workshops, a mock interview, a resume critique session, and career events that will prepare you for a successful job or internship search and career experience.
Earn your Career Ready Certificate by attending qualifying skill-building events.
The program accepts students year round and obtaining the certificate is easy. Students
have up to one year to complete the program.
- Learn to draft an effective résumé, how to conduct a job search, create a LinkedIn profile, and develop career readiness skills
- Receive a formal printed certificate and padfolio
- Receive special invitations to events and networking opportunities
- All currently enrolled PBSC students
- Submit an application to join the program.
- After you have submitted your application, a Career Advisor will contact you to schedule your orientation.
- Attend your program orientation appointment.
- Schedule and attend an appointment to have your resume critiqued. Make sure your resume is current and updated.
- Post your approved resume on Handshake.
- Schedule and attend an appointment to have your mock interview with a Career Advisor. It will teach you effective interview skills.
- Attend two career events or workshops.
- Career Ready Program Eligible events will be posted in Handshake.
- At the event, check in on Handshake as an attendee.
- Bring your PantherCard to every event/ workshop.
- You must check in at an event to receive credit.
- Complete your LinkedIn profile with a professional photo, include your education and
at least one experience.
- Attend a Professionalism workshop or view three Professionalism 101 videos (25 minutes each) and submit a one paragraph minimum reflection paper via email to your Career Ready Advisor.
- Log into Handshake, click the Career Center tab and select "Resources" to access Films On Demand career videos.
- Business Etiquette
- Professional Image
- Working Together