Career Ready Workshops
Make a positive impression and launch your career
|STUDENTS||EMPLOYERS||ALUMNI||MENTORS||INTERNSHIPS||EVENTS & FAIRS||CONTACT US||HANDSHAKE||CAREER HOME|
Employers are looking to hire college students and recent graduates who know how to use their talents, strengths and interests.
The Career Ready Workshops at Palm Beach State College (PBSC) is a career preparation program comprised of a program orientation, workshops, a mock interview, a resume critique session, and career events that will prepare you for a successful job or internship search and career experience.
Become career ready by attending qualifying skill-building events. The program accepts
students year round and completing the program is easy. Students have up to one year
to complete the workshops.
- Learn to draft an effective résumé, how to conduct a job search, create a LinkedIn profile, and develop career readiness skills
- Receive a formal printed recognition and a padfolio
- Receive special invitations to events and networking opportunities
- All currently enrolled PBSC students
- Submit an application to join the program.
- After you have submitted your application, a Career Advisor will contact you to schedule your orientation.
- Attend your program orientation appointment.
- Schedule and attend an appointment to have your resume critiqued. Make sure your resume is current and updated.
- Post your approved resume on Handshake.
- Schedule and attend an appointment to have your mock interview with a Career Advisor. It will teach you effective interview skills.
- Attend two career events or workshops.
- Career Ready Workshops Eligible events will be posted in Handshake.
- At the event, check in on Handshake as an attendee.
- Bring your PantherCard to every event/ workshop.
- You must check in at an event to receive credit.
- Complete your LinkedIn profile with a professional photo, include your education and
at least one experience.
- Attend a Professionalism workshop or view three Professionalism 101 videos (25 minutes each) and submit a one paragraph minimum reflection paper via email to your Career Ready Advisor.
- Log into Handshake, click the Career Center tab and select "Resources" to access Films On Demand career videos.
- Business Etiquette
- Professional Image
- Working Together