Collegiate High School
Seeking a challenging educational environment to prepare for science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) college majors?
Palm Beach State Collegiate High School (CHS), a new school choice option, is being planned and designed for you!
- Rigorous academic instruction by top faculty
- Career guidance and academic counseling
- Gateway courses for STEM fields
Participating high school seniors may complete high school graduation and the first
year of associate degree requirements all in the same year!
Through specially designed classes and activities, CHS students may enroll as full-time college students at Palm Beach State College’s Palm Beach Gardens campus – and earn 30 or more semester hours of college credit - in small classes with NO tuition, fees, or costs for textbooks!
Join a STEM Learning Community
- Learn from outstanding faculty committed to making your first college experience successful.
- This carefully designed curriculum makes the critical connections between science
and math subjects.
- Forge strong links with students and the faculty. Connections are intellectual – understanding
the relations between classes – and social – making close friends. You will get to
know people in your major or area of interest and can form study groups with students
of similar interests and goals.
- Tutors, mentors, and a dedicated academic advisor will assist with a variety of academic
questions and issues.
- Participate in STEM field trips and meet scientists.
- Take math and science courses in a block schedule and enjoy pre-registration access. All classes may be taken with Honors component. Students need to apply for admission to our Honors College.
What to Expect
Important: CHS students will be college students and expected to perform accordingly. High school procedures will not be followed in the college classes, and college instructors follow their own grading and attendance procedures. Instructors do not send progress reports and other parental notifications home. Students must be mature enough to motivate themselves to be successful in an adult environment. Classes and labs are held at the Palm Beach Gardens campus.
CHS students remain enrolled as seniors at their home high school where they may participate in high school extracurricular activities while enjoying the rigors of college academics. As full-time Palm Beach State College students, CHS students also may participate in all campus activities, workshops and events.
CHS is open to high school seniors who have an unweighted high school GPA of at least 3.20; have completed all requirements
for high school graduation other than those which can be satisfied by PBSC courses AND meet one of the following test scores:
- SAT: 24 Reading, 25 Writing and 24.5 Math
- ACT: Math score of 20 and higher, English score of 17 or higher, and Reading score
of 19 or higher;
- Have college ready placement test scores Postsecondary Education Readiness Test (PERT) score of:
- 103 – 150 (Writing)
- 106 – 150 (Reading) for ENC1101 College Composition
- 123-150 (Math) for MAC1105 College Algebra, STA2023 Statistics (Note: For the following math courses placement is based on ACT or SAT scores: MAC1114 Trigonometry, MAC1140 Pre-calculus, MAC2233 Survey of Calculus, MAC2311, Calculus and Analytic Geometry 1)
Note: Students wishing to honorize a course and earn an honors credit must join PBSC 's Dr. Floyd F. Koch Honors College.
Steps for Admission
- Complete the Early Admission "Get Started" steps.
- Attend a mandatory Dual Enrollment/Early Admission Information Session.
- Attend a mandatory CHS information session. (See Open House Schedule below and register)
- Submit a CHS application.
Spring 2020 Class Schedule
|Principles of Biology 2 - BSC1011||263999||M W||9:30am-10:45am||Dr. Fairbanks|
|Principles of Biology 2 Lab - BSC1011L||264003||R||11:00am-1:45pm||Dr. Clementz|
|General Chemistry 2 - CHM1046||264090||M W||11:00am-12:15pm||Dr. Daniel|
|General Chemistry 2 Lab - CHM1046L||364092||T||10:00am-12:45pm||Dr. Gorgevska|
Math or Other
Depending on Math placement scores, students select:
For further information, contact your high school guidance counselor or:
Dr. Becky Mercer, Associate Dean
Palm Beach State College
BioScience Complex , SC160
3160 PGA Blvd.
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410