- To participate equally in and benefit from courses, programs, services and activities
offered through the College.
- To access reasonable accommodations and/or auxiliary aids and services with equity.
- To expect confidentiality regarding disability-related information and to choose to
whom information about that disability will be disclosed except as disclosures are
required/permitted by law.
- To file an appeal in the event that a disability discrimination issue cannot be satisfactorily
resolved. For procedure see Policy 6Hx-18-5.86 below.
- Complaints can also be filed with the Atlanta Office of the Office of Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, 61 Forsyth St., S.W. Suite 19T70, Atlanta GA 30303-8927, Telephone number 404-974-9406.
- 6Hx-18-1.042 District Board of Trustees Nondiscrimination Policy
- 6Hx-18-5.86 District Board of Trustees Grievance Policy
- Service Animal
TABE Waiver Request
Students who have a documented disability preventing them from successfully completing any area of the TABE exit requirement may apply for a waiver. Schedule an appointment with the Campus Disability Support Services Coordinator for information on this process. For contact information see DSS Contacts on the main menu.
- To have the same obligation as any other student to meet and maintain the institution's
academic and technical standards.
- To self-identify as an individual with a disability and to provide appropriate documentation
to the College in order to be eligible for services.
- To request accommodations with the Campus Disability Support Services (DSS) representative
at the beginning of each term. (Two to three weeks notice is required for certain adjustments.)
- To complete a Semester Request for Services (see forms on the main menu) and to submit it to your Campus Disability Support Services Coordinator.
- To follow published policies and procedures of Disability Support Services and Palm Beach State College.
Accommodations designed to meet your individual learning needs do not reduce your responsibility for meeting the same academic standards, conduct codes and course requirements as those required of all students at Palm Beach State College.