Federal, State and Institutional Grants
** It's important that you apply for grants early. Some have limited funds available. **
News to Know: View the State Program Calendar
Federal Pell Grant
- Maximum award amount is $6,895/year based on "0" EFC for 2022-2023 aid year
- Must be in a degree or certificate program that is approved for financial aid.
- EFC and enrollment status determine award amounts*
- You may not receive Pell Grant funds from more than one school during the same term
- Pell Grants are awarded only to undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelor’s or professional degree
Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
- Limited funds available
- Minimum award amount is $350 per semester
- Maximum award amount is $700/year
- Must be in a degree or certificate program that is approved for financial aid
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours for each term.
- Exceptional financial need as determined by your EFC and total family income
- Must be eligible and receiving a full Pell Grant (EFC = ZERO)
- SEOG Grants are awarded only to undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelor’s or professional degree
Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant
You may be eligible to receive the Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant if:
- You are not eligible for a Federal Pell Grant on the basis of your Expected Family Contribution, but meet the remaining Federal Pell Grant eligibility requirements, and
- Your parent or guardian was a member of the U.S. armed forces and died as a result of military service performed in Iraq or Afghanistan after the events of 9/11, and
- You were under 24 years old or enrolled in college at least part-time at the time of your parent’s or guardian’s death.
Florida Student Assistance Grant
The Florida Student Assistance Grant is awarded to full-time, degree-seeking, resident undergraduate students with substantial financial need. this grant is awarded by the institution based on need and availability of funds.
First Generation Matching Grant
The First Generation Matching Grant Program (FGMG) is a need-based grant program available to degree-seeking, resident, undergraduate students who demonstrate substantial financial need, and are enrolled in eligible participating postsecondary institutions. Eligible students have a parent(s) who has not earned a baccalaureate or higher degree. Participating institutions determine application procedures, deadlines, student eligibility and award amount.
José Martí Scholarship Challenge Grant Fund
The José Martí Scholarship Challenge Grant Fund is a need-based merit scholarship that provides financial assistance to eligible students of Hispanic origin who will attend Florida public or eligible private institutions.
Apply Early! Awarded on a first come, first serve basis
- Minimum award amount is $500/year
- Maximum award amount is $2,000/year
- Must be A.A., A.S., or Bachelor program
- Financial need as determined by your EFC and total family income
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours
- Award amount will be prorated based on term enrollment*
Note: If you are awarded with one of the premier scholarships (see Scholarships), you are ineligible for the Palm Beach State Grant.