The Institute of Excellence in Early Care and Education (IEECE) offers a variety of financial supports to assist Palm Beach County’s early childhood workforce in reaching their professional development goals.
Seeking Excellence and Education through Knowledge, commonly referred to as SEEK, is a scholarship program dedicated to improving the quality of Palm Beach County early childhood education environments through staff development. SEEK Scholarship is funded by the Children's Services Council and administered by Palm Beach State College through the Institute of Excellence in Early Care and Education (IEECE).
Funds are available to help pay costs associated with credit coursework, non-credit coursework, books, approved trainings, testing fees, and foreign degree translation/evaluation.
Detailed information about the various types of scholarships, the eligibility requirements for each, and the policies related to each can be found in the SEEK Handbook. The Application Process and related deadlines for scholarship requests can be found by clicking on the tabs below.
Career Advisors are always available to assist with the SEEK application process.
Call 561-868-3670 to reach your assigned Career Advisor.
SEEK Scholarship Application Process
A SEEK scholarship request must be submitted each time a SEEK Scholarship award is requested. Registration information for coursework, trainings or other required documentation must also be submitted, based on the award.
For each request submitted, the practitioner will receive a letter regarding the status of the SEEK Scholarship award.
The scholarship request must be completed in its entirety by the practitioner. Submission of a SEEK Scholarship request indicates that the practitioner has read and agrees to abide by both the Participant Agreement and Recipient Responsibilities.
Incomplete scholarship requests will delay processing and may affect the awarding of a scholarship.
The practitioner's employment at a childcare program is verified by information in the Registry.
A SEEK Scholarship request cannot be completed by another party on behalf of a practitioner.
The SEEK Scholarship deadline for College Credit, PREP, ECPC/FCCPC, and Non-Credit Language class coursework for the 2019-2020 fall semester at Palm Beach State College: July 17, 2019 by 5:00pm
Fall Term Courses/Trainings
We are excited to announce the SEEK Scholarship Application process has transitioned to an online application system. Applications will be submitted through the Palm Beach County Early Childhood Registry system, allowing you to monitor the status of your application at all times.
New and Returning (absence is more than one year) Palm Beach State College Students:
- Apply online to Palm Beach State College Florida Virtual Campus (Choose Apply) or visit www.palmbeachstate.edu/Admissions
- Request that your official transcript from high school, GED, or other colleges be sent directly to Palm Beach State College Admissions Office. (Transcript Forms)
- Upon completion of all forms and assuming eligibility, a Conditions of Admissions Form and Personal Identification Number (PIN) from the Admissions Office will be sent. Need Help: Contact the College Info Center 561-868-3350.
- Register for classes on-line www.palmbeachstate.edu/Pantherweb during new student registration as stated on the registration calendar www.palmbeachstate.edu/AcademicCalendar To view SEEK-approved credit/non-credit courses contact a SEEK Career Advisor for assistance (561-868-3662). For more information and course descriptions of Early Childhood Education Certification programs, go to Areas of Study.
- Do not pay for course(s). Print schedule, which is your proof of registration, and send it with your SEEK Scholarship Application by the established SEEK deadline date.
Currently Enrolled and Returning Palm Beach State College Students:
- Register online by going to the Palm Beach State College website: www.palmbeachstate.edu/Pantherweb and click on Registration. Enter student social security number and PIN (PIN is birth
month and year).
- Register for courses by using reference numbers. To view SEEK-approved credit/non-credit courses
contact a SEEK Career Advisor for assistance (561-868-3662). For more information
and for course descriptions of Early Childhood Education Certification programs, go
to Areas of Study.
- Do not pay for course(s), print schedule, which is your proof of registration, and send it with your SEEK Scholarship Application by the established SEEK deadline date.
ACHIEVE is a salary supplement award program for practitioners employed at a Strong Minds In-Network or Promising Early Childhood program in Palm Beach County.
ACHIEVE awards are intended to encourage practitioners' ongoing professional development and to reduce turnover at their current center by providing monetary awards for completion of specific college credit coursework and/or non-college credit Registry-approved training.
Eligibility for the ACHIEVE Program is based on the following:
- Employed at the same In-Network or Promising Site for at least one consecutive year (12 months) at the time of application submission
- Work with children ages birth-5 years, for at least 20 hours per week on an annual basis
- Eligible Positions: Director, Assistant Director, Curriculum Specialist, Lead Teacher, Associate Teacher, Floater, Family Child Care Home Provider, Large Family Child Care Home Employee
- Active member of the Palm Beach County Early Childhood Registry and all registry documentation, including transcripts, must be up to date
- Eligible for SEEK Scholarship (i.e. not on suspension status)
- Earn $17.00 or less per hour as an early childhood professional
~ Helpful Documents ~
~Required Application Documents~
Must submit a completed W9 Form
Center Employees or Large Family Child Care Employees
Must submit most recent pay stub from site of employment
Family Child Care Providers/Owners
If a pay stub cannot be provided, must submit most recent tax documentation (Form 1040 and 1040 Schedule C, if applicable)
If a pay stub cannot be provided, must submit most recent tax documentation (Form 1040 and 1040 Schedule C, if Applicable)
Applications and related forms can be submitted at any time!
Required documentation must be received via fax 561-868-7042 or email: IEECE@palmbeachstate.edu
Call 561-868-3695 to verify that completed application was submitted.
Please contact your Career Advisor or Zachary Scuderi at 561-868-3828 or email@example.com
Palm Beach State College offers a wide range of scholarships for students. Visit the College's Scholarships page for more information.
The Teacher Education and Compensation Helps (T.E.A.C.H.) Early Childhood® Scholarship Program provides scholarships for early care educators and center directors to work towards earning an Associate's degree or credentials in early childhood education. It is funded by the Florida Office of Early Learning and involves a three-way partnership for the sharing of expenses by the caregiver receiving the scholarship, the sponsoring child care center or family child care home and T.E.A.C.H. For more information, visit the T.E.A.C.H. website or call 877-FL-TEACH.
Zachary Scuderi, Program Grant Manager
Stacey Garnett, Program Manager (Operations)