The Emancipation Proclamation
|DIVERSITY AT PBSC||DR. BARBARA CAREY-SHULER CROSS CULTURAL EQUITY INSTITUTE (CCEI)||PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE OF INCLUSION||BECOME A NCBAA MEMBER||CONTACT US
WHAT IS JUNETEENTH?
Juneteenth (short for “June Nineteenth”) is a holiday commemorating this day, which marked the effective end of slavery in the United States.
The National Council on Black American Affairs (NCBAA) at Palm Beach State College is hosting a week of celebration.
Juneteenth Celebration: Foods | Drinks | Clothes | Desserts
BBQ meats, Sweet potatoes, Collard greens, Corn bread, Watermelon
Red Velvet Cake
- Public readings of the Emancipation Proclamation,
- Singing traditional songs such as
- "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot"
- "Lift Every Voice and Sing"
- Reading of works by noted African-American writers such as
- Ralph Ellison
- Maya Angelou
- street fairs
- family reunions
- park parties
- historical reenactments
- Miss Juneteenth contests.
Thursday's Virtual Lunch Agenda
- Lift Every Voice and Sing,
- Moment of Silence George Floyd and People affected and died by COVID19
- Juneteenth Quiz
- Juneteenth Activities
- Celebratory Foods (Friday June 19th)
- Dress Up (Your African Attire Pre-Select NCBAA Members)