If this is an emergency, please call 911 or Security at (561) 868-3600.
Please report any behavior that suggests harm to Palm Beach State College students, staff, or visitors.
Panther Watch Forms
Please complete the online Panther Watch form. If you observe concerning or threatening behavior that suggests harm to Palm Beach State College students, staff, or visitors. Reports will be handled promptly and discreetly and will be reviewed carefully. No retaliatory action will be taken against anyone for reporting potential safety concerns.
Report behavior or activity that may be harmful, threatening, or hostile to yourself or others. Palm Beach State encourages all students, faculty and staff to use our Panther Watch form to report incidences. Employees may report to their supervisor, call Security, or complete a Panther Watch form. Learn to recognize and report behavior that is disruptive, intimidating, or could potentially lead to violence. This will assist our efforts to maintain a safe educational environment free of unwanted behavior or violence.
You can play an important role in keeping our campuses safe. Here are a few ways you can help a member of our community when an issue arises:
- Remain calm and in control
- Identify the problem
- Offer your assistance
- Be respectful
- Convey support and understanding
- Understand how your own attitudes and actions may perpetuate the situation
- Ask if there are family or friends that can be called
- Contact Security as soon as possible
- Demonstrate a nonviolent, positive attitude that promotes a safe campus environment
- Keep open lines of communication
- Praise the person for confiding in you
- Specifically acknowledge the student’s distress and empathize
- Do NOT be negative and judgmental
- Make use of campus resources
- Attend programs, trainings, or seminars on prevention at any of the campuses
If you see behavior that indicates a potential for violence or threatens anyone at or on Palm Beach State College campus, please dial 911 or call the Security Office at (561) 868-3600 of behavior with information including location, date and time, persons involved, descriptions, and witness.