· Native: Nagercoil, Tamilnadu, INDIA.
· Moved to the US by choice in 1993 (nearly 25 years ago) and chose to become US Citizen in 2013.
· Multi-cultural and Widely travelled in Asia,Europe and Americas. Education:
PhD (Research area: Microbial Technology), University of Florida; MS Molecular Biology (Belgium); MS Microbiology (India)
· Job experience:
Research/Teaching at University of Florida, Gainesville for 12 years and have been teaching biological sciences at PBSC since July 2008. Presently in 10th Year with PBSC.
· Teach mainly Anatomy and Physiology lectures and labs. Credentialed to teach other biological sciences as well (microbiology, biology, environmental science).
· Academic Accomplishments:
13 Peer-Reviewed Publications
23 Talks/Posters at national/international conferences,and several invited talks to industry, state and non-profit agencies.
· At PBSC, 2015 nominated and awarded NISOD Award of Excellence in Teaching
BRAVO nominations (2013, 2015, 2016)
2017 South Florida Science Center's Award of Excellence for Volunteer Service.
Like to travel and meet/ interact with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds, engage in volunteer service to community.