Career Pathways Articulation
As part of the Dual Enrollment Agreement (formerly the IAA) that Palm Beach State
College has with FAU and the School District of Palm Beach County, a set of Career
Pathway agreements (CP) have been established to accept certain combinations of high
school CTE coursework properly assessed to qualify for the awarding of college credits.
CAREER PATHWAY CHOICE PROCESS: Upon completion of the appropriate high school CTE coursework, students must complete the following steps to be considered for articulated credit(s) or contact hours.
- Request an official high school transcript be sent electronically from the School District to the Palm Beach State Admissions Office. The student should also obtain a "student copy" of the transcript to carry with them for the assessment process.
- Review the CP agreements to determine which CP agreement for which you might qualify.
- Apply to Palm Beach State College to obtain a student number and register for the program objective to which the prior learning credit will apply.
- Print out the appropriate Prior Learning Form for this agreement
- Go to the assistant dean or program director contact for this CP agreement to review the steps necessary to obtain this credit.
- If the CP agreement requires a challenge exam, portfolio or industry certification verification, the student must make arrangements to complete such assessments prior to completing the credit award process.
Palm Beach State Office(s) Responsible for Processing: Department Chair's, Program Director's or Associate Dean's office as indicated in
the CP Agreement, Transcript Evaluation College Registrar's Office
Fees: Some CP agreements have a $20 fee for required assessments
Eligibility: Any Palm Beach County High School graduate who has completed the specified coursework with the required grade indicated by the CP agreement.
Proviso(s): Student must complete and pass any assessment or portfolio requirements as per the agreement.
Courses available in Current CP Agreement .