In the fast-growing computer industry, you need the best high-tech education to succeed, and Palm Beach State College delivers just that!
PBSC Computer Science and Information Technology programs prepare you for immediate employment as well as further education. Credits earned in the College Credit Certificate programs count toward the A.S. degree in the same program track. Credits earned in an associate degree may transfer into a bachelor’s degree program, either at PBSC or elsewhere.
Explore our program tracks—and see where you can go!
The Innovation Lab, housed in the Technology Center on the Lake Worth campus, is a high-tech sandbox that provides students with the tools and technologies they need to tackle actual industry challenges in collaboration with area businesses. Read more about the Innovation Lab.
In a world dependent on 24/7 data access, networking professionals play a critical role in every industry. Be the computer pro people turn to by learning in-demand networking skills. Common positions include:
- Network specialist or manager
- Network systems analyst or technician
- Network administrator
- Help desk specialist
- LAN/WAN manager
- Cybersecurity specialist
Networking degrees and certificates:
Associate in Science degree:
• Networking Administrator
Cisco Certification College Credit Certificates:
• Network Infrastructure Covers competencies for Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CENT) certification
• Advanced Network Infrastructure Covers competencies for Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching
• Network Support Technician Covers competencies for Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Security
A foundation in programming can open many doors. Programming knowledge is an asset, if not a necessity, in many IT careers, such as database administration. At PBSC, you will master the critical programming concepts and skills you will use on the job or as you further your IT education. Common positions include:
- Entry-level programmer
- Programmer specialist
- Programmer/systems analyst
- Software developer
- JAVA analyst
- Mobile app developer
Programming degrees and certificates:
Associate in Science degree:
• Computer Programming
Aiming for a bachelor’s degree? Go to Palm Beach State for all four years!
Your associate degree credits transfer into the Bachelor of Applied Science degree in Information Management. This bachelor’s degree program gives you a choice of three concentration areas, so you can tailor your studies to the IT career you want:
• Database Administration: The explosion of data over the past decade has fueled the
demand for professionals who can manage information assets effectively.
• Project Management: Keeping IT projects on track is essential to any organization’s success.
• Security and Network Assurance: Safeguarding computer systems from security breaches
a top priority for every organization.
The two-year B.A.S. degree program typically requires an associate degree to enroll. Email questions about PBSC bachelor’s degree programs to BDPadmissions@palmbeachstate.edu.
Other Computer Offerings
- Continuing Education courses offered through Corporate & Continuing Education (CCE)
- Receiving an A.A. degree from PBSC? Become a priority transfer to FAU’s College of Engineering and Computer Science through the tresPATHS Project.