This page has a new address: https://www.palmbeachstate.edu/career-pathways/trade-and-industry.aspx#psav-person-care
Please take note or save new address.
You will be redirected to new address promptly.
Fall Term - 2019
Full-time day class begins: September 3, 2019 and November 5, 2019
Part-time evening class begins: August 22, 2019
Early registration for the all Spring Term: October 8, 2019
Open registration: October 14, 2019
This intensive 260 clock hour Career Certificate program prepares the student for employment as a registered facial specialist. The program features small class sizes, and is offered days and evenings. The state licensing exam is administered on-site.
Cosmetology, facial and nail services are open to the public and PBSC community for Salon pricing.
You will learn:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Sanitation and Sterilization
- Skin Analysis
- Facial Machines
- Hair Removal
- On-site Facial Specialist Licensure Exam
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What do I have to do to enroll in the Facial Specialist (esthetician) program?
- Apply at www.PalmBeachState.edu/Admissions
- There is a one-time $40.00 application fee
- This program does not qualify for financial aid.
- Attend an information session (recommended but optional). They are held at least three times a semester.
- Sign up for classes
2. What is the schedule for the Facial program?
New daytime Facial classes are continuously offered throughout the year - Monday through Friday from 8:30am-3:30pm (includes a 1 hour lunch) and will complete in approximately eight (8) weeks.
New part-time evening classes begin in March and August - Tuesday through Thursday from 6:00pm-10:00pm and will complete this program in approximately six (6) months.
3. What is the schedule during the summer months?
The same as all the other terms.
4. What is the cost of the program?
The in-state tuition is approximately $722.80, Non-Florida is approximately $2887.
5. Are uniforms/books/kit required?
Yes, a white scrub will be worn over black scrub pants. No sandals or open toe shoes allowed. Also, purchase the Facial Kit from the PBSC Bookstore only - the cost is approximately $150. The ISBN for the textbook is 9781111306892. The PBSC Bookstore will price match from reputable book sources.