This page has a new address: https://www.palmbeachstate.edu/career-pathways/trade-and-industry.aspx#psav-person-care
Please take note or save new address.
You will be redirected to new address promptly.
The state licensing exam is administered on-site. In demand topics include:This 240 hour Career Certificate program course is designed to provide competencies in manicuring and pedicuring and in applying artificial nails and nail wraps, and to prepare the student for employment as a registered nail specialist.
On the Lake Worth campus, this course is offered in the evenings, and accepts students in August and February. Availability is limited due to small class sizes.
Cosmetology, facial and nail services are open to the public and PBSC community for Salon pricing.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What do I have to do to enroll in the Nail Technician program?
- Apply at www.PalmBeachState.edu/Admissions
- There is a one-time $40.00 application fee
- This program does not qualify for financial aid.
- Attend an information session (optional, but recommended). They are held at least three times every semester.
- Sign up for classes
2. What is the schedule for the Nail Technician program?
This program is offered only during the evening. New classes begin in February and August. Students are in class Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 6:00pm-10:00pm and will complete this program in approximately six (6) months.
3. What is the cost of the program?
The in-state tuition is approximately $716.45, Non-Florida resident is approximately $2660.31.
4. Are uniforms/books/kit required?
Yes, a purple scrub top over a matching purple or black scrub pants may be purchased from the Palm Beach State College Bookstore - Lake Worth campus. No sandals or open toe shoes allowed. Do not purchase a Nail Kit at the Bookstore. In the first week of class, the instructor will review nail supplies necessary to purchase during the program (approximately $100).The ISBN for the book is 9781285080475 and the cost is approximately $150. The PBSC Bookstore will price match from reputable book sources.
Call Rhonda Griffis - Program Director - 561-868-3851