Child Care Exam/Course Information from DCF
The Florida Department of Children and Families is responsible for the administration of child care licensing and training throughout the state of Florida. Palm Beach State College oversees the county’s state-mandated child care training, as well as administers state competency exams on our campuses.
The goal of the training program is to provide child care personnel with the tools necessary to ensure quality care in our child care programs.
- Child Care Training Overview Overview - English | Overview - Spanish
- Tips to Schedule Your Exams Online Scheduling Tips for Exams - English | Tips Registrarse para Examenes - Spanish
- Important Information from your instructor
How to register your PBSC classes with DCF
- Once you have registered your classes at Palm Beach State College go to www.myflfamilies.com/childcare and log in to your account or create an account if you don’t have one.
- Register your PBSC classes through the DCF website. (You will need your class reference
number to complete this step). Registration with DCF must be completed before the
first day of class.
How to Register courses- English | Como Registrar los cursos - Spanish
- For more information about classes and schedules at PBSC you can contact Luisa Brennan at 561.868.4048.
How to Register for your DCF Competency Exam
** Everyone who is looking to obtain a Child Care State certification must take and pass a state exam.
- Once you have registered and paid for the class you can register to take that exam through the DCF website at least 7 days in advance. Steps to register - English | Pasos para Registrarse - Spanish
- If you have not taken a class but wish to take the Competency Exam you must call 1-888-352-2842 to register. Online registration is not allowed.
- For security reasons CELL PHONES, ELECTRONIC DEVICES, BAGS, PURSES & OTHER PERSONAL ITEMS WILL NOT BE ADMITTED INSIDE THE EXAM ROOM. If you bring any of those items, you will NOT be allowed to enter the test session. Our TCA is not responsible for the loss, theft, or damage of any personal items.
- You do not have to pay for exams in order to take it, but you will have to pay before
the results will be released to you.
Payment Instructions - English | Instrucciones de Pago - Spanish
- For detailed instructions (time, location and other important information), you must print your DCF confirmation letter after registering for the exam. Changes and cancellations are only available 7 days or more prior to the exam day.
Program Assistant - Exam Coordinator