Labs & Equipment
On the Palm Beach State College Film Department Channel you'll find instructional videos designed specifically for department students as well as student short films and projects, behind the scenes videos, and more.
4K Media Workflow
For students who will be working on video projects on their home computers, please check the minimum system requirements to ensure that your PC or Mac is capable of handling HD and 4K video editing.
Quick Tips: In the bottom right corner of the Source monitor and Program monitor is the playback resolution. Change the resolution from "FULL" to either 1/2, 1/4,, or 1/8. A lower resolution allows for faster playback. This does not effect the resolution of the project during export.
Students have access to the latest film editing, animation and recording technologies in our state-of-the-art computer labs.
For information regarding computer lab hours or lab-related assistance, please contact
Kat Brady, Post-Production Supervisor / Film Production Specialist, by phone at 561-868-3952
or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Digital Animation and Visual Effects Lab
PC workstations loaded with Adobe Creative Suite, Maya, 3ds Max, Nuke, and Unity. Each station has a 30-inch HD display and Wacom tablet interface.
Picture and Sound Editing Lab
iMac stations loaded with Adobe Creative Suite, DaVinci Resolve, ProTools, Movie Magic Screenwriter, Scheduling and Budgeting. Each station has dual 28-inch HD displays.
Recording and Mixing Stage A
Mac Pro workstation loaded with Adobe Creative Suite, Avid ProTools, and DaVinci Resolve in a 5.1 surround sound environment. An Avid C|24 control surface connects microphones from three recording rooms. HD projection for screening review and additional iMac workstations.
Recording and Mixing Suite A
iMac workstation loaded with Adobe Creative Suite and Avid ProTools. 28-inch dual monitors and M-Audio studio speakers. An Avid DigiDesign control surface connects microphones from three recording rooms for recording with Pro Tools.
Recording Controller and Rooms
Three recording rooms with sound absorbing panels and wall mounted monitors for music, voice over, ADR or Foley audio recording.
The Equipment Room is located on the first floor of the Technology Center building, on the Lake Worth campus, in room TC116.
For additional information not provided here or for Equipment Room related assistance, please contact Kat Brady, Film Production Specialist, by phone at 561-868-3952 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Check-out/Check-in Policies & Procedures
- MoPic 1 - Equipment Request Form (Google Form)
- MoPic 2 & 3 - Equipment Request Form (Google Form)
- Class Projects - Equipment Request Form (Google Form)
All Equipment Requests should be submitted via the online forms. Internet access is
required. Forms can be completed on mobile devices, personal computers, or computers
in the Labs.
- Complete request forms online.
- Approval from Supervising Instructor required for all equipment check-outs.
- On the Equipment Request Form, specify the time and date for Check-Out (pick-up) and
Check-In (return) appointments.
- All requests must be made 7 days prior to the Check-Out date.
- Questions regarding equipment requests should be sent to to Kat Brady, Film Production Specialist, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Arrive on time to Check-Out Appointment
- Expect Check-Out to take up to one hour or more (all outgoing gear must be verified and tested to demonstrate operation before leaving the premises)
- Use equipment following all policies and procedures at all times for the duration
of the rental period
- Department equipment may not be used by the Student, for projects of a private, for-profit purpose. Equipment is to be used specifically for work related directly to current course assignments and projects. Students are allotted certain equipment for certain courses or projects. All equipment is not available to all students. Availability is determined by the course related to the associated project/assignment and/or student course history and/or performance.
- Arrive on time to Check-In Appointment
- Expect Check-In to take as long as Check-Out
All violations or abuse of above procedures (or procedures outlined in paperwork mentioned above) will not be tolerated and result in grade penalties and diminished equipment use privileges. The student’s performance throughout the Check-Out/Check-In process will be reported back to supervising faculty.
Note: Students must make and keep their scheduled appointments with Department Staff. Equipment reserved during the week is subject to the availability and needs of the Department’s ongoing courses. Check-Out/Check-In dates and times are subject to Equipment Manager approval.
Blackmagic Design URSA Mini Pro 4.6K
Sony F55 Digital Cinema (HD-4K RAW)
Red One Digital Cinema (HD-4K RAW)
Arriflex SR3 (16mm Film)
Canon C300 (HD1080p/35mm sensor)
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera (HD-RAW)
Nikon D7000 (HD1080p/35mm sensor)
Sony Z1U (HD1080i)
Red Digital Cinema Prime Lens package
Red Zoom Lens Kit (35mm, PL-mount)
18-50mm Red Zoom
50 to 150mm Red Zoom
Prime Lens Package for Arri SR3 or
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera
Sigma Prime Lens Kit (35mm, PL-mount)
14mm and 135mm
Sigma Zoom Lens Kit (35mm, PL-mount)
18mm - 35mm
Zeiss Compact Primes
Nikon Prime Lens Package (Nikon mount)
Zoom Lens Package (16mm PL-mount)
Sony Cine Alta Prime Lens Kit (35mm, PL-mount)
Redrock M2 35mm Lens Adapter Package
(8) Tascam HDP2 Digital Field recorder
Tascam HSP82 8-track Digital Field Recorder
(2) Sound Devices 552 Digital Mixer/Recorder
Shotgun Microphone kits (Sennheiser MKH416 or ME66)
Wireless Mic kits (Sennheiser EW100G2)
(4) Lectrosonic UM400a Countryman b6 Lavaliers
12' Carbon Fiber Boom Pole Kit.
Rycote Zeppelin Kit.
25' XLR Cables
50' XLR Cables
100' XLR Cables
50' Duplex Cable
Sennheiser HD-280 headphones
36"x24" Production Sound Cart
Sound Devices 302 Field Mixer
(6) Shure SM58 Field Mixer
(4) Tascam DR-60D mk2 4-Channel Recorder
(1) Sound Devices 788T-SSD 8-Channel Recorder
(2) Shure Vocal Microphone SM58-LC
Sennheiser E906 Dynamic Instrument Microphone
Shure Beta 52A Kick Drum Microphone
Schoeps MK41 Supercardioid - Mono Set Colette
Neumann TLM-103 Condenser Microphone 1
(2) AKG C214 Condenser Microphone
Losmandy Spider Dolly Kit w/20’ of track
12’ Jony Jib w/ Varizoom Remote head
(for Canon C300, Blackmagic, or Sony F55 only)
Steadicam Zephyr (for all cameras)
Cartoni Tripods (for all cameras)
Easyrig Cinema 3
Blackmagic Design Shoulder-Mount Kit
(2) Redrock Mirco Wireless Follow Focus
(1) Bartech Follow Focus & Wireless Transmitter
Glide Cam (for Panasonic HVX200 only)
(2) Panasonic 17” HD field production monitors
Sony 24” HD Field production monitor
Sony 32” HD television monitor
Shogun Inferno 7” 4K Monitor
(2) Lilliput 15.6" 4K Monitor
(3) Blackmagic Design Video Assist 4K 7" Monitor
(3) Blackmagic Design Video Assist HD 5" Monitor
Denecke Timecode Slate
(4) Ambient Recording NanoLockit Wireless Timecode Generator
40" C-Stand Cart
(loaded with Grip Support)
18lb - 25lb Sandbags
Small, Medium, and Large Pony Clamps
Gator Clamps w/ Baby Pin
12’x12’ Flag, Silk, Net Kit
4'x4' Reflector Boards w/ Yolk Mount
4'x4' and 4'8' White/Black Foam-core Bounce Boards
Matthews Survival Kit
Green Screen Kit
(4) Arri 1k kit (3 x 1kW fresnel lights)
(2) Lowel 1k kit (4 x 1kW open face lights)
(4) Arri 5 Light kit (Two 650 watt, One 300 watt,
Two 150 Watt Fresnel Lights)
(in both 3200k and 5600k)
(1) Kino Flo Interview kit 2x(2' 2-bank)/
1x(2' 4-bank) light kits
(2) Kino Flo 4' 4-bank light kit
(4) Kino Flo 2x(2' 4-bank) light kits
(4) ArriSun 5 HMI 575W w/ballast
(2) Arri 1.8K HMI Pars w/ballast
(4) Arri L7-C LED lighting systems
(4) Arri L5-C LED lighting systems
(2) ARRI LoCaster 2 Plus Kit
(2) Dracast LED1000 Pro Daylight LED
25' 3-way stingers
Assorted gels and filters