Labs & Equipment
Students have access to the latest film editing, animation and recording technologies in our state-of-the-art computer labs.
For information regarding computer lab hours or lab-related assistance, please contact
Kat Brady, Post-Production Supervisor / Film Production Specialist, by phone at 561-868-3952
or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Digital Animation and Visual Effects Lab
PC workstations loaded with Adobe Creative Suite, Maya, 3ds Max, Nuke, and Unity. Each station has a 30-inch HD display and Wacom tablet interface.
Picture and Sound Editing Lab
iMac stations loaded with Adobe Creative Suite, Avid Media Composer, ProTools, Movie Magic Screenwriter, Scheduling and Budgeting. Each station has dual 28-inch HD displays.
Recording and Mixing Stage A
Mac Pro workstation loaded with Adobe Creative Suite, Avid Media Composer and ProTools in a 5.1 surround sound environment. Dual 28-inch displays, plus HD projection for screening review.
The Equipment Room is located on the first floor of the Technology Center building, on the Lake Worth campus, in room TC116.
For additional information not provided here or for Equipment Room related assistance, please contact Jesse Haggett, Equipment Manager / Film Production Specialist, by phone at 561-868-3972 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Check-out/Check-in Policies & Procedures
- Equipment Request Form - MoPics - PDF (6 pages)
- Equipment Request Form - Class Projects - PDF (4 pages)
- Equipment Procedure Exception Application (if applicable) (.doc)(.PDF)
All Equipment Requests should be submitted via email. Forms can be completed in the Labs.
- Complete paperwork in Adobe Acrobat.
- Approval from Supervising Instructor required for all equipment check-outs.
- On the Equipment Request Form, specify the time and date for Check-Out (pick-up) and Check-In (return) appointments.
- Send completed paperwork to the Equipment Manager via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All requests must be made 7 days prior to the Check-Out date.
- Arrive on time to Check-Out Appointment
- Expect Check-Out to take up to one hour or more (all outgoing gear must be verified and tested to demonstrate operation before leaving the premises)
- Use equipment following all policies and procedures at all times for the duration
of the rental period
- Department equipment may not be used by the Student, for projects of a private, for-profit purpose. Equipment is to be used specifically for work related directly to current course assignments and projects. Students are allotted certain equipment for certain courses or projects. All equipment is not available to all students. Availability is determined by the course related to the associated project/assignment and/or student course history and/or performance.
- Arrive on time to Check-In Appointment
- Expect Check-In to take as long as Check-Out
All violations or abuse of above procedures (or procedures outlined in paperwork mentioned above) will not be tolerated and result in grade penalties and diminished equipment use privileges. The student’s performance throughout the Check-Out/Check-In process will be reported back to supervising faculty.
Note: Students must make and keep their scheduled appointments with Department Staff. Equipment reserved during the week is subject to the availability and needs of the Department’s ongoing courses. Check-Out/Check-In dates and times are subject to Equipment Manager approval.
Blackmagic Design URSA Mini Pro 4.6K
Sony F55 Digital Cinema (HD-4K RAW)
Red One Digital Cinema (HD-4K RAW)
Arriflex SR3 (16mm Film)
Canon C300 (HD1080p/35mm sensor)
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera (HD-RAW)
Nikon D7000 (HD1080p/35mm sensor)
Sony Z1U (HD1080i)
Red Digital Cinema Prime Lens package
Red Zoom Lens Kit (35mm, PL-mount)
18-50mm Red Zoom
50 to 150mm Red Zoom
Prime Lens Package for Arri SR3 or
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera
Zeiss Compact Primes
Nikon Prime Lens Package (Nikon mount)
Zoom Lens Package (16mm PL-mount)
Redrock M2 35mm Lens Adapter Package
(8) Tascam HDP2 Digital Field recorder
Tascam HSP82 8-track Digital Field Recorder
(2) Sound Devices 552 Digital Mixer/Recorder
Shotgun Microphone kits (Sennheiser MKH416 or ME66)
Wireless Mic kits (Sennheiser EW100G2)
Lectrosonic Wireless Mic kits
Sound Devices 302 Field Mixer
(6) Shure SM58 Field Mixer
12' Carbon Fiber Boom Pole Kit.
Rycote Zeppelin Kit.
25' XLR Cables
50' XLR Cables
100' XLR Cables
50' Duplex Cable
Sennheiser HD-280 headphones
36"x24" Production Sound Cart
Losmandy Spider Dolly Kit w/20’ of track
12’ Jony Jib w/ Varizoom Remote head
(for Canon C300, Blackmagic, or Sony F55 only)
Steadicam Zephyr (for all cameras)
Cartoni Tripods (for all cameras)
Glide Cam (for Panasonic HVX200 only)
(2) Panasonic 17” HD field production monitors
Sony 24” HD Field production monitor
Sony 32” HD television monitor
40" C-Stand Cart
(loaded with Grip Support)
18lb - 25lb Sandbags
Small, Medium, and Large Pony Clamps
Gator Clamps w/ Baby Pin
12’x12’ Flag, Silk, Net Kit
4'x4' Reflector Boards w/ Yolk Mount
4'x4' and 4'8' White/Black Foam-core Bounce Boards
Matthews Survival Kit
(4) Arri 1k kit (3 x 1kW fresnel lights)
(2) Lowel 1k kit (4 x 1kW open face lights)
(4) Arri 5 Light kit (Two 650 watt, One 300 watt,
Two 150 Watt Fresnel Lights)
(in both 3200k and 5600k)
(1) Kino Flo Interview kit 2x(2' 2-bank)/
1x(2' 4-bank) light kits
(2) Kino Flo 4' 4-bank light kit
(4) Kino Flo 2x(2' 4-bank) light kits
(4) ArriSun 5 HMI 575W w/ballast
(2) Arri 1.8K HMI Pars w/ballast
(4) Arri L7-C LED lighting systems
25' 3-way stingers
Assorted gels and filters