This page has a new address: https://www.palmbeachstate.edu/career-pathways/pathway-education.aspx#ccc
Please take note or save new address.
You will be redirected to new address promptly.
If you are a caring and concerned person, who is searching for a career that can help improve the lives of others, then the Human Services Program may be for you! This degree program is designed with three tracks:
- Human Services track - prepares the student for an entry level position as a human services specialist
in areas such as children's services; family counseling; working with juveniles and
adolescents; drug and alcohol abuse; the elderly, socially and economically handicapped;
mentally or emotionally handicapped and others.
- Addiction Studies track - prepares the student for employment as chemical dependency practitioners, addiction
specialists and substance abuse counselors. The program provides the academic training
necessary to obtain state certification.
- Youth Development track - prepares the student for an entry-level position as a youth worker in areas such as recreation programs; youth counselor; social and human services assistant; child, family and school social work; social and community service program directors and other youth service occupations in community-based, residential, group home and other youth work environments.
Why Choose the Human Services Program at PBSC?
- Core courses are taught by licensed mental health professionals
- Field work provides hands-on experience, networking opportunities and job prospects
- Scholarships are available to qualified students
- More than 90% of graduates go on to pursue four-year degrees in social work or psychology
- Transfers directly into the PBSC Bachelor of Applied Science degree in Supervision and Management
- Transfer agreement allows Human Services AS general track students to transfer directly into FAU's Bachelor of Social Work program
Human Services Program Details
AS Degree Tracks:
The following is a list of Fieldwork Sites where many of our Human Services students do their required internships.
- Alzheimer's Community Care
- American Red Cross Greater Palm Beach Area
- Archstone Recovery
- Association for Community Counseling
- Behavioral Health of the Palm Beaches
- Caridad Center
- Center of Family Services of Palm Beach County Inc.
- Children's Home Society of Florida
- Children's Place at HomeSafe
- Children's Services Counsel of Palm Beach County
- Coalition for Independent Living Options, Inc. (CILO)
- Drug Abuse Foundation of Palm Beach County
- Family Promise of North Central Palm Beach County
- Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF)
- Gratitude House
- Guatemalan-Maya Center, Inc.
- Gulfstream Goodwill Industries
- Jeff Industries
- Locks of Love
- Mae Volen Senior Center
- Mental Health Association of Palm Beach County, Inc.
- New Hope/Anger Management
- Palm Beach Habilitation Center
- Renaissance Institute of Palm Beach
- State of Florida Guardian Ad Litem Program
- Sunset House
- The Salvation Army
- YWCA of Palm Beach County - Harmony House
- Joseph L. Morse Geriatric Center/Morselife
- Stroke of Hope Club, Inc.
- The Arc of Palm Beach County
- C.R.O.S. Ministries
- VITAS Innovative Hospice Care
- A Second Chance Puppies and Kittens Rescue
- CARP Inc. (Comprehensive Alcoholism Rehabilitation Programs)
- Aid to Victims of Domestic Abuse (AVDA)
- 211 Palm Beach/Treasure Coast
CPR/First Aid Certification
Florida Certification Board
Find available certifications on the Florida Certification Board website
Dr. Suzie Duff at 561-868-3461 or email email@example.com
Help Support the Human Services Program Scholarship
Use www.GoodSearch.com for your web search needs. Simply open the site and select Palm Beach State College as the charitable organization to support.