All students applying to the Practical Nursing program are required to attend one Information Session.
The Practical Nursing application for the Spring 2018 admission term, and the electronic information session, will post on the Practical Nursing Website by September 15, 2017. The application deadline will be November 1, 2017.
Your application will not be complete unless you:
- Submit the online College application if you are a first-time Palm Beach State student.
- Arrange for the submission of official transcripts from your high school, GED or validated foreign equivalent, as well as college transcript(s), if applicable.
- Arrange to take the Test of Adult Basic Education. (TABE is not required for admission, but must be taken before classes begin, unless exception criteria are met.)
- Arrange to take the HESI A2 Exam with the Testing Center at Palm Beach State.
- Submit the one-page Practical Nursing Limited Access Application. (Must be received by Admissions Office no later than the application deadline date.)
After submitting your application
To monitor your Limited Access Program Application Status:
- Go to www.palmbeachstate.edu/Pantherweb.
- Log on using your Palm Beach State student ID number and pin.
- This takes you to your student Panther Web page.
- Click on "Limited Access Application status."
Applicants who are selected will be notified approximately two weeks after the deadline date. If an applicant is selected and does not complete the registration process, the applicant must reapply and is not guaranteed acceptance in any subsequent selection process.
The provisional acceptance notice will include:
- Registration information
- Medical exam form
- Criminal Background Check (includes Social Security number verification)
- Drug screen form
- Level 2 FDLE Fingerprinting Form
- Date of Mandatory Orientation
After admission, the above documentation must be on file with the Practical Nursing Program Office. All students are conditionally accepted and will be required to obtain Criminal Background Checks Drug Screenings, and Fingerprinting (at their own expense) prior to the start of class. Further information will be provided when admitted into the Practical Nursing Program. Failure to provide such documentation will result in termination of application.
To apply, please download and read the Practical Nursing Limited Access Application, or attend a MANDATORY Practical Nursing Information Session. The practical nursing information session covers:
- Full details on entry requirements and steps for meeting requirements
- Instructions on completing necessary applications for both the College and program
- Review of applicant point system for selection
- Information regarding program requirements and student expectations
Please note: All students meeting minimum program application requirements are encouraged to apply. However, meeting criteria for selection does not guarantee admission and not all applicants will be accepted. Final selection will be based on the applicant pool.