Cosmetology - Belle Glade campus
This 1,200 clock hour PSAV certificate program prepares the student for employment as a licensed cosmetologist in the state of Florida.
Spring 2018 Open House
Date: Wed, February 21, 2018
Time: Noon to 1 p.m.
Location: Technical Education Center, Rm: 129 | Belle Glade Campus, 1977 College Drive
For more info ... [Print Flyer]
Admissions and Financial Aid Info
- Apply at www.PalmBeachState.edu/Admissions.
- There is a one-time $40.00 application fee.
- If you require financial aid, submit a FAFSA via www.FAFSA.ed.gov.
- Submit all high school and college transcripts.
- Take the TABE exam or provide documentation of your exemption.
- Sign up for classes.
This program is eligible for federal financial aid
Program Classes Cover:
- Hair cutting and styling
- Color and chemical processes
- Esthetics and skin care
- Manicures and Pedicures
- Salon Management
Students also gain experience performing services for clients in a salon setting.
How do I document an exemption from the TABE exam?
Provide one of the following:
- ACT/SAT/PERT/CPT scores- college level
- College level English/Math
- Florida Public/Charter High School Regular Diploma Grad after 2007
- AAS degree or higher from regionally accredited college
- Industry certification- to be determined by advisor or program director.
What is the schedule for the Cosmetology program?
The new Cosmetology classes begin in August. Students are in class Monday through Thursday from 8:30am-4:30pm (includes a 1 hour lunch) and Fridays from 8:30 to 12 noon. Students will complete this program in 12 months.
What is the cost of the program?
The in-state tuition fee is approximately $4,800 (this includes an upgraded hair kit valued at $700 and a Medical Insurance Fee of $16.16 per year). Non-Florida resident tuition is approximately $15,000. In addition, a textbook will be required. Financial aid may cover the cost of all tuition, books, and fees for qualifying students.
Are uniforms required?
Yes, black scrubs and black closed toe shoes are required. No sandals or open toe shoes allowed.
Cosmetology, facial and nail services are open to the public and Palm Beach State community for reasonable fees.
Gloria McAllister (561) 993-1175