Student Learning Center - Belle Glade
The Belle Glade Student Learning Center (SLC) offers tutoring services to support
students enrolled in courses at Palm Beach State College. The Belle Glade SLC also
extends its tutoring services to students enrolled in local schools. Please pay us
a visit or give us a call to inquire about these services.
Fall & Spring Hours
Mon. - Thur. 9:00am - 8:00pm
Fri. 8:00am - 12:00pm
Closed Sat. & Sun.
Mon. - Thur. 8:00am - 6:00pm
Closed Fri., Sat. & Sun.
Schedule an Appointment Online
To make an appointment with a Tutor or Learning Specialist online:
- Visit the website
- Register (if it's your first time).
- Log in (make sure you select the correct lab).
- Click a white box to schedule an appointment. Fill out required information. You may select a tutor of your choice.
- You will receive an email confirmation. If you cannot keep your appointment, please be sure to log in and cancel.
Location: CRA 115
Phone: (561) 993-1125
Students may use the computers in CRA 106 and CRA 115 for general purposes. All lab computers have internet and black-and-white printer access. A scanner is available in CRA 115. All students must have a PantherCard to enter labs and to print.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Microsoft Expression Web
- Visual Studio available on select computers in CRA 106
Location: CRA 106
Phone: (561) 993-1183
SLC English Writing Lab's Mission:
In accordance with the overall vision of Palm Beach State College, the Belle Glade English Writing Lab's ultimate goal is to create independent learners. We will provide a cordial, peaceful, and scholarly environment conducive to academic growth where students receive supplementary assistance, demonstrate critical thought, and assume responsibility for their own education.
The English Writing Lab is located in CRA 106. Here you will find friendly and knowledgeable tutors eager to assist you and helpful handouts, reference materials, and manuals to use in your writing endeavors.
Location: CRA 115
Phone: (561) 993-1125
SLC Math Lab's Mission:
The Student Learning Center Math Lab fosters a friendly learning environment whereby students can further enhance their math education skills. Our professionally trained tutors coach students while maintaining the following principle: Demonstration (I Do), Participation (We Do), and Implementation (You Do).
- Demonstration (I Do): A student will be shown by a tutor the various ways to which he or she can approach
a particular problem in order to find a solution to that problem.
- Participation (We Do): A student will be asked by a tutor to provide input and guidance as to how he or
she might approach a problem in order to find a solution to that problem.
- Implementation (You Do): A student will be given the opportunity to show mastery of what he or she was shown by solving a particular problem on his or her own without the assistance of a tutor.
Lab activities for both credit and preparatory courses include tutoring appointments, review seminars, and problem solving sessions. Students have access to group and one-on-one tutoring sessions, solutions manuals, computer tutorials, and videotaped lectures in the Math Lab.
Software and Websites
Location: CRA 106 Phone: (561) 993-1183 English & Reading
Location: CRA 115 Phone: (561) 993-1125 Math
Students remediating for the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) will enroll in the specified Vocational Preparatory Instruction (VPI) courses:
- VPI0100 Reading
- VPI0300 Language
- VPI0200 Math Computation and Applied Math
You are able to work at your own pace on an independent study basis. You will work in the English and Reading Lab (CRA106) for VPI0100 and VPI0300, and you will work in the Math Lab (CRA115) for VPI0200.
Belle Glade VPI contacts:
- Aaron Allen - VPI 0100 & 0300 - (561) 993-1176
- Amaury Suarez - VPI 0200 - (561) 993-1139
Important SLC Policies
- You must possess your Panthercard or a copy of your student ID # from Registration to gain access to the Labs.
- Cell phone use within the labs is prohibited.
- Food and most drinks are forbidden within the labs, but drinks in a sealed container are allowed.
- Children under 10 years of age will be denied access to the labs. Children 10 and
older accompanied by a parent or guardian are permitted inside the labs (please see
Registration for more information). High school students dual-enrolled at PBSC are
exempt from this requirement.
|Aaron Allen||Learning Specialistfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Amaury Suarez||Learning Specialistemail@example.com|