Computer & Science Lab
Location: Lake Worth campus TC 204
The SLC Computer & Science Lab provides students with academic support. Students can access application programs online on both Dell and Apple computers. The SLC Computer & Science Lab offers individual tutoring sessions in accounting, computer, and science. Please call 561-868-3799 if you have any questions.
All students visiting the lab are encouraged to view the Computer & Science Lab Orientation video ( Video information subject to change )
Schedule an Appointment Online
To schedule your appointment:
- Register (if it's your first time).
- Log in (make sure you select the correct lab).
- Click a white box to schedule an appointment. Fill out required information. You may select a tutor of your choice.
- You will receive an email confirmation. If you cannot keep your appointment, please log in and cancel.
Important SLC Policies
- You must have your PantherCard on you to gain access to the Labs.
- Talking on your cell phone inside the Labs is prohibited.
- Food & Drinks are not permitted inside the Labs.
- Children are not permitted inside the Labs.
Available Assistance & Resources
- Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Anatomy & Physiology models
- Check / Send Email
- Create Slideshows
- PantherCard Money machine (to add money to card)
- Print / Scan - Documents and Pictures
- Research Online
- Receive Tutoring
- Special Computer Software for classes
- Surf the Internet
- Type Essays / Reports
- Two Apple computers
- Walk-in Tutoring Assistance
Tutoring Available For These Accounting Courses:
- ACG2022 - Financial Accounting
- ACG2071 - Managerial Accounting
- ACG2450 - Microcomputer Operations Accounting (QuickBooks)
- APA1111 - Bookkeeping
- APA2172 - Peachtree - Computer Bookkeeping
- MTB1103 - Business Mathematics
- TAX2000 - Federal Income Tax 1
Tutoring Available For These Anatomy & Physiology Courses:
- BSC2085 - Anatomy & Physiology 1 and Lab
- BSC2086 - Anatomy & Physiology 2 and Lab
Anatomy & Physiology Resources:
Tutoring Available For These Biology Courses:
- BSC1005 - Concepts in Biology and Lab
- BSC1010 - Principles of Biology 1 and Lab
- BSC1011 - Principles of Biology 2 and Lab
Tutoring Available For These Chemistry Courses:
- CHM1025 - Introductory Chemistry and Lab
- CHM1032 - Principles of Chemistry and Lab
- CHM1045 - General Chemistry 1 and Lab
- CHM1046 - General Chemistry 2 and Lab
- CHM2210 - Organic Chemistry 1 and Lab
- CHM2211 - Organic Chemistry 2 and Lab
Assistance Available For These General Computer Education Courses:
- Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- CGS1100 - Microcomputer Applications
Tutoring Available For These Computer Programming Courses:
- COP1000 - Introduction to Programming Logic
- COP1220 - Introduction to Programming in C
- COP2334 - Programming in C++
- COP2700 - Introduction to SQL in Oracle
- COP2800 - Programming in Java
- COP2822 - Web Site Design
Tutoring Available For These Computer Networking Courses:
- CNT2000 - Network Technologies
- CNT2402 - Implementing and Administering Network Security
- CNT2700 - TCP/IP and Network Administration
- CTS1150 - Computer Maintenance and Repair
- CTS2301 - Linux Fundamentals
- CTS2320 - Wide Area Networks
- CTS2334 - Local Area Networks
Tutoring Available For These Economics Courses:
- ECO2013 - Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECO2023 - Principles of Microeconomics
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What if I forget/lose my PantherCard? Will I still be able to enter the Computer & Science Lab without it? A. As a student, if you don't have a PantherCard, you can not enter the Computer & Science Lab. You can get PantherCard at bookstore or use computers in the library.
Q. How many tutoring appointments can I make?
A. Each appointment is 30 minutes long, except programming appointment, which is 60 minutes. If you are late, you can have whatever time is remaining in your appointment. There is a minimum wait time of 30 minutes between appointments for the same subject. Scheduling appointments is now done online at palmbeach.mywconline.com.
Q. I have a test in a few hours, and I don't know the material, can a tutor teach
it to me?
A. You have to come prepared prior to seeing a tutor. This means attending class or catching up on a missed lecture by reading the book and/or watching the taped-lectures. Tutors are not allowed to teach, but to assist you in the areas you are having trouble understanding within the allowed appointment time.
Q. I have a take-home test/quiz that my instructor has given me; can a tutor help
me with it?
A. Tutors are not allowed to work on problems given on a take-home test, quiz, or graded assignment. Tutors are allowed to help with a similar problem found by you in your textbook.
Q. Can I talk on my cell phone in the Computer & Science Lab?
A. Talking on your cell phone is not permitted in the Computer & Science Lab. Any cell phone calls must be taken outside the lab.
Q. Can I charge my laptop and/or cell phone in the Computer & Science Lab?
A. Laptops need to be running on battery power.
Q. Can I bring food or drinks to the Computer & Science Lab?
A. Food is not allowed in the Computer & Science Lab; only beverages in a spill proof container can be brought in. (Styrofoam, paper, or plastic cups with plastic snap-on lids are also not permitted).
Q. Can I bring a non-Palm Beach State College student with me to the Computer & Science
A. Only currently enrolled Palm Beach State College students are allowed in the lab. Non-Palm Beach State College students (children or adults) are not permitted in the Computer & Science Lab even if accompanied by a Palm Beach State College student.