The Vocational Preparatory Instruction Lab (VPI) offers a series of short-term seminars with a lab component for Post-Secondary Adult Vocational (PSAV) students who wish to remediate for all or part of the Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE). Only students enrolled in at least one VPI seminar may utilize the VPI software, tutoring, and other resources during that entire semester. Students are advised to allow sufficient time to remediate and pass all three sections of the test to ensure that these requirements are met well before important deadlines or graduation.
PRIOR to registering for a seminar in the VPI Lab, students must meet with a PSAV Advisor.
- Short seminars in reading, math, and language
- Computer software for skills practice
- Tutoring for VPI students
- Additional resources
- About TABE and TABE Seminars
- See Us in Action (video)
- Seminar Schedule
- Preparing for the TABE (Florida Dept. of Education publication)
Important SLC Policies
- You must have your PantherCard on you to gain access to the Labs.
- Talking on your cell phone inside the Labs is prohibited.
- Food & Drinks are not permitted inside the Labs.
- Children are not permitted inside the Labs.