Stewart Distinguished Teaching Awards
|APPLICATION||DO'S & DON'TS||FAQS||RUBRIC||PAST WINNERS||ACADEMIC AFFAIRS||E-LEARNING|
The Stewart Distinguished Teaching Awards are made possible through a grant from the Douglas and Virginia Stewart Foundation through our Palm Beach State College Foundation.The awards recognize instructors who are utilizing proven student engagement practices to foster interactive learning in their classrooms. Two awards of $5,000 each are available.
March 30, 2020
Email completed application and evidence to
Who Can Apply
Full-time, Part-time, and Adjunct faculty
*Previous recipients are not eligible
Tips and Guide for Applying
The Stewart Distinguished Teaching Awards Committee will be offering CTLE workshops on most campuses the week of Feb. 10, 2020. Information will be emailed to all faculty.
- Inspiration: The reasons for creating the lesson are clearly explained.
- Innovative Lesson Plan Design: The design shows a unique/innovative/ingenious approach to the learning objective(s).
- Evidence of Learning: Student materials illustrate effectiveness. Instructor feedback is comprehensive and constructive. A lack of evidence will result in disqualification.
- Implementation: The lesson can be implemented by other instructors in the field of study and/or across the curriculum.
Points for consideration are provided as a guide, but are not requirements. Any video
submissions of student work/engagement must be kept to no more than five minutes.
- Will be announced at Faculty Convocation.
- Will be recognized at a District Board of Trustees meeting.
- May be asked to make a presentation at Development Day or share their award winning
lesson plan with faculty.