Stewart Distinguished Teaching Awards
|ONLINE APPLICATION||APPLICATION DO'S & DON'TS||RUBRIC||PAST WINNERS||PAST WINNERS' APPLICATION EXAMPLES||ACADEMIC AFFAIRS||E-LEARNING|
The Stewart Distinguished Teaching Awards are made possible through a grant from the Douglas and Virginia Stewart Foundation through our Palm Beach State College Foundation.The awards recognize instructors who are utilizing proven student engagement practices to foster interactive learning in their classrooms. Two awards of $5,000 each are available.
March 18, 2019
Tips and Guide for Applying
Who can apply
Full-time, Part-time, and Adjunct faculty
*Previous recipients are not eligible
Questions & Suggestions
In evaluating "distinguished teaching," a selection committee will consider a variety of criteria, including:
- Innovation in the lesson plan design
- Ability for other faculty to implement the lesson plan
- Evidence of interaction, critical thinking, and student success
- Student feedback
- Evidence of assessment of learning outcomes
There are no restrictions on how the funds can be spent.
- Will be announced at Faculty Convocation.
- Will be recognized at a District Board of Trustees meeting.
- May be asked to make a presentation at Development Day or share their award winning lesson plan with faculty.
Dos and Don'ts of Application video