First Step 2 Success Scholarship
Application Deadline: Priority Date - April 7, 2017 l Final Date - May 5, 2017
Limited number of scholarships!
The First Step 2 Success Scholarship is a $500 award that is applied toward the tuition and book costs for the Introduction to the College Experience (SLS 1501) course. Awarded to graduating high school students who are Hispanic and/or Pell-Eligible for the summer B term (or 8-week term on the Lake Worth campus).
Prospective First Step 2 Success applicants must apply to the College and complete the Admissions/Registration process.
- Submit a PBSC online Application for Admission. Apply as a degree-seeking student* for the 2017 summer term
Limited Access programs are not eligible. View list of Limited Access Programs
- Pay the $40 application fee. Cashier website
- Qualification: Must be on track to earn a standard high school diploma in 2017 from a Palm Beach County high school or a GED recipient from May 2016 – April 2017. Students must be HISPANIC or PELL-ELIGIBLE.
* Associate in Arts degree-seeking students are required to enroll in the SLS course.
* Associate in Science degree-seeking students should meet with a Pathways to Success Coach prior to registering for the SLS course.
Complete the 2016-17 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). This will assist in determining whether you are Pell-Eligible. FAFSA website.
There are free Financial Aid FAFSA workshops offered to help students understand and complete the FAFSA available on each campus at PBSC.
Complete the First Step 2 Success Scholarship application.
Attend a First Step 2 Success Scholarship Information Session.
Once your First Step 2 Success Scholarship application is submitted, you will receive an email indicating whether you are eligible to continue with the application process. If you are eligible, the email will include a link to register for the First Step 2 Success Information Session.
Complete the online College orientation under Quick Links in PantherWeb. Learn to navigate PantherWeb.
- Register for a New Student Orientation.
- Be sure you have all the necessary Admissions documents turned in to Palm Beach State
- Public High School Applicants - Submit a current high school transcript (Preferably Electronic)
- Private or Homeschool Applicants - Submit official college placement scores: SAT, ACT or PERT
- GED Applicants - Submit a State of FL GED transcript
- Registration for the Introduction to College Experience (SLS 1501) course will be completed during your New Student Orientation. Registration for fully online versions of the SLS 1501 course is not permitted for the scholarship.
NOTE: There are a limited number of scholarships being offered and applicants will receive notification of their status. All correspondence will be sent to applicant’s PBSC email in the PantherWeb portal.