OU Campus Updates
Changes and Updates As of Tuesday, August 7, 2018
Can't find folders to link to pages?
Look at the top right hand corner of the link dialog box and switch from Staging to Production
Move to the Cloud and subsequent error messages
We moved to Cloud hosting on July 13 and it has been a less than smooth experience. If you are getting FTP errors or long time-out when you attempt to load a page or edit a page, please screenshot and email to email@example.com
File Naming Convention
All files, PDFs, images, folders
- dashes (preferred) and underscore
- No spaces
Inserting Tables for data in the future? (Even if it is a one row table)
- Use the insert Snippet > Data Table
- Check the “use caption”
- Add a caption describing the headers in the table, screen readers for the blind read the caption to get an idea of what the data in the table is about
- The first row is always a header row (blue background)
- Please do not alter the table in any form
- Do not add a width or height or cell-padding or cell-spacing to the table
If you must use images with text then you must also have the text on the page so that screen readers can read the text.
These images should check the “Decorative” checkbox as well.
All other images should have a description
All images that you upload to “Staging” will only be visible after they have been published.
If you need urgent publishing please send me an email or a Skype message.