Business Partnership and Program Advisory Councils
The BP and PA Councils are established to assist Palm Beach State College in planning, implementing and evaluating each of its occupational programs in order to respond to the changing needs of the community.
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION BEGINS NEW BUSINESS PARTNERSHIP COUNCIL
Susy Martinez-White, Program Director for Early Childhood Certificate programs, began a twenty member Early Childhood Education business partnership program in April 2018. In this short time, the council has met four times, with the purpose of the ECE PBC to collaborate with community and business partners ensuring Palm Beach State College is providing high quality (and relevant) education to practitioners in the early care industry in Palm Beach County.
ECE Business Partnership Council Vice Chair, Erin Gallagher requested feedback from council members regarding the business partnership council meetings, activities, recent STEAM Fest event and accomplishments since the start in April 2018.
Several members shared their viewpoints and added what they appreciate about these meetings:
- Guest speakers
- Forum discussions
- Collaboration in preparing for the STEAM Fest
- Opportunity to provide input towards early childhood program review and professional development workshops
- Cross-representation of the group
Interested in joining the Early Childhood Education Business Partnership?
Contact Susy Martinez-White Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like more information about joining one of our Business Partnership and/or Program Advisory Councils, please contact:
Mission and Vision
The mission of the Councils at Palm Beach State College is to provide Palm Beach County businesses and local professionals the opportunity to collaborate with the College’s faculty and staff to foster the Academic, Career, and Technical pathways provided by the College.
Every council is an integral function within the career pathways for student success. The councils provide a standard of excellence within PBSC’s Accreditation. By assembling several times per year to foster existing curriculum and develop new standards of innovation; which reflect the current business climate and employment needs within the local community.
The Role of the Councils is to:
Review College changes, influence the college programs, and respond to trends within the economic climate of the county
- Review labor market surveys
- Recommend enrollment changes based on demand
- Identify job titles related to program
- Assist with job openings for graduates
- Participate in needs assessment analysis projects
- Assist with job analysis to determine occupational skill needs
- Review course content and program length
- Review existing facilities and equipment
- Identify new technology
- Recommend equipment needs
- Establish industry standards for graduates
- Assist with program review
- Evaluate program effectiveness
Serve as Program Advocates
- Help recruit students
- Assist with on-the job training opportunities
- Provide on-site field visits
- Help sponsor career days
- Hire graduates
- Promote the program in the business and industry and government arena
- Help procure equipment, space and facilities for program
- Sponsor scholarships
- Sponsor guest lectures
|HUMAN RESOURCE||APR. 25||3:00PM||
BDB/310 EVENIA ST WPB
Partner's Ethics Statement
In accordance with Palm Beach State College’s Ethics Policy, HR Board Policy # 6Hx-18-5.90, all business partners will conduct themselves in a manner that reflects the core values of honesty, respect, open communication, professionalism, fairness and responsibility. In doing so, they will give thought to ethical considerations when making decisions including but not limited to those related to the receiving of gifts, conflicts of interest, the management of staff, the use of College resources, the protection of confidential information, and activities outside of the College.