Office of Human Resources
Information on the college's benefits, employment, employee relations, equity programs, employee learning opportunities, and other services.
As a strategic partner and champion of change, the Office of Human Resources is committed to the advancement of Palm Beach State College's pursuit of educational excellence.
Code of Ethics
The Office of Human Resources at Palm Beach State College strives to promote and maintain the highest standards of professional ethics. The following values will guide us:
- Act with integrity and accept responsibility for what we say and what we do.
- Model inclusiveness and treat others with dignity and respect.
- Make thoughtful, informed and impartial decisions.
- Avoid actions or decisions that could result in a conflict of interest or damage our credibility.
- Honor our commitments and confidences.
- Stand ready to make difficult decisions for the good of our College.
- Further the positive public image of the College and our profession.
- We value our constituents and their needs.
- We are committed to conducting business in an ethical and professional manner.
- We encourage new ideas that challenge the status quo in order to unlock creative solutions and deliver unparalleled service.
- We foster relationships built on inclusiveness and mutual trust and respect.
Social Security Number Usage Notification
Florida Statute 119.071(5) requires that all employees be notified of the intention for the collection and usage of social security numbers. Palm Beach State College collects and uses your social security number for employment related purposes. To protect your identity, Palm Beach State secures your social security number from unauthorized parties and the Office of Human Resources has assigned you a unique personnel identification number (PID), in lieu of your social security number, for use in our personnel data system. Your PID number is located behind your ID Badge. Whenever possible, the college will use your PID and will not require social security information. There are, however, occasions where your social security number will be used for business purposes in compliance with the following:
- form 1095C
- form I-9, if applicable
- forms W-4, W-2, 1099
- dental insurance
- email account request
- health insurance
- life insurance
- long-term disability
- retirement contribution
- social security taxes
- supplemental insurance options
- verification of employment
- workers’ compensation
Please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Human Resources with any questions or concerns.
Office of Human Resources
4200 Congress Avenue, MS# 10
Lake Worth, FL 33461