New Student Orientation (NSO)
Welcome to Palm Beach State!
* Registration for Spring 2024 is open *
Registration for Spring 2024 is open!
Express B session begins March 11.
Congratulations on your acceptance to Palm Beach State College! We are looking forward to welcoming you into the Panther family.
Accepted. Now What? [Your Next Steps]
1. Register For New Student Orientation
Interact with a PBSC advisor and fellow Panthers. We'll walk you through the advising process and get you registered for classes. Ask questions and get the answers you need to succeed.
2. Watch Our Pre-Orientation Video
The video will introduce you to academics, support services, student life, safety, money matters, and more. These topics will not be covered during orientation so we strongly suggest watching the video BEFORE attending.
3. Get familiar with the Student Portal and set up two-factor authentication (2FA)
Our Student Portal is a one-stop shop for all your educational needs. You can find your advisor, view class schedules, find PBSC events, check your email, and so much more. We even have an app! Download the MYPBSC App from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
You'll need to set up 2FA in order to access many sites and programs while at the college. Learn More
4. Request/Submit Your Official Transcripts
PBSC requires all incoming students, whether first year or transfer students, to submit all official academic transcripts from every high school or college/university attended. Submit Your Transcripts
5. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Colleges uses your FAFSA data to determine eligibility for federal, state and institutional aid, including grants and scholarships. Visit the Financial Aid website
Still have questions? We're happy to help! Email NSO@palmbeachstate.edu or call 561-868-3000.
You've already attended Orientation. Now What?
- Complete Florida Residency to help with paying less fees
- Review your class balance in Workday
- Check Financial Aid Status in Workday
- Get your Panther Card (Student ID) online or at the bookstore
- Driving to campus? Get your vehicle decal online or at the Security Office
- Review Class Syllabus
What is “pay less fees”?
- Florida Residents can pay In State rates versus Out of State for non-Florida residents by proving Florida residency.
What is Direct Deposit?
- If you are owed any money, by setting up direct deposit with bank routing and checking number it will go straight to your bank account versus a check in the mail.
What is the difference between an Exempt Student and a Non-Exempt student?
- Exempt student:
- Graduated from a Florida public high school or Florida public charter school after 2007.
- Active Military
- Non-Exempt Student:
- Graduated from out-of-state
- Private school or GED
- International Student
- Graduated without a regular high school diploma
Have you taken AICE, AP, IB?
- If so, please submit your scores