Congratulations Class of 2023
Save the Date - Spring 2023 Commencement
Graduates will have the opportunity to celebrate and show off their panther pride.
When: Tuesday, May 9, 2023
Where: The Ballpark of the Palm Beaches
The Ballpark of the Palm Beaches
5444 Haverhill Road, West Palm Beach
Time: 5:30 pm*
* Student check-in begins at 4pm
Graduating students must RSVP to let us know you'll be attending.
Please note: This is an outdoor ceremony. The weather will be warm.
Footwear should be appropriate for walking across the ballfield.
Concessions will be open.
Information For Graduates
Do I need to RSVP to attend commencement ?
- Yes. All graduating students must fill out the RSVP form to let us know you'll be attending the commencement ceremony. Once the form opens for submissions, a link will be added to the top of this web page. Stay tuned!
- We encourage all graduates to attend and celebrate together, however, ceremony attendance does not confirm degree completion. Grades are not finalized at the time of the ceremony. All requirements for degree program must be completed.
How do I check my graduation status?
To check to see if you have met all your degree requirements:
- Step 1: Login to Workday
- Step 2: Go to your picture in the top right corner of the page
- Select the Academics tab
- Click on Academic Progress
- All areas should show satisfied. If not, please contact your academic advisor
Do I need to apply to graduate?
- No, your degree or certificate will be awarded automatically. - No application is required.
- If you DID NOT receive an email about graduation by March 31st and you are certain you should be graduating, please contact the Academic Advising Department.
What if I will complete my classes in Summer 2023? Can I walk in spring commencement?
- Students who will graduate in Summer 2023 will be invited to participate in Fall 2023 commencement. Information for Fall 2023 commencement will be available during the fall semester.
Do I need to complete any other tasks?
- Purchase your cap and gown at your local campus bookstore.
- Cap and gown distribution begins on April 24th
- Honor society members should contact their advisor for special regalia. The bookstore does not have honor society regalia.
What if my guest or I have a disability?
- If you or any of your guests need to request disability-related accommodations, contact The Center for Student Accessibility at least one week before commencement.
- Please note that seating will be provided for guests using wheelchairs.
- Note: Commencement requires a walk from the stands to the stage on the ballfield and back.
We welcome your family and friends to join you in the commencement celebration. Tickets are not required for graduates nor guests to attend the commencement ceremony.
How do I purchase regalia?
Students can pre-order regalia now online through March 25th at this link: herff.ly/pbsc
After March 25th, students can go to any campus Bookstore and pre-order, then pick up from the Bookstores starting on 4/24/2023.
Regalia distribution begins on April 24, 2023.
Here is the pricing for regalia:
Associate & Bachelor -
- Graduate gown w/custom logo embroidered = Retail is $45.50 + tax
- Tassel w/custom signet = Retail is $11.50 + tax
- SF Cap = Retail is $7.00 + tax
Total set is $64.00 + tax
Note: This is an outdoor ceremony. Please wear light clothing under your gown. You will walk across the ball field. Wearing high heels, pumps, or stilettos is discouraged.
How do I know what regalia to wear?
All tassels should be worn on the right side.
The standard approved academic regalia are:
- Associate: Black Gown
- Bachelor's: Green Gown
- Certificates (CCC - CCP): Black Gown
In addition, the following are the approved academic regalia for Honor's societies members:
- Dr. Floyd F. Koch Honors College - Medallion
- Bachelor's Degree Program Scholars Club - Black Stole with gold lettering
- Delta Mu Delta - Purple and gold stole with purple and gold cords
- Dental Honors Society - White stole with blue edging and lilac tassel
- Dual Enrollment Graduates - Green and gold stole
- Lambda Epsilon Chi Paralegal Honor Society - Purple stole with gold Greek letters and gold edging
- Radiography Honors Society - Gold stole with Greek burgundy letters (Lambda Nu) & Maroon tassel
- Respiratory Honors Society - Gold pin
- Omicron Sigma Sigma - Blue stole with gold greek letters and blue and gold cords
- Phi Beta Lambda - Sapphire blue or gold stole and royal blue and gold cords
- PSI Beta - Medallion
- Phi Theta Kappa - Gold stole with blue Greek letters and gold tassel with Greek letters
- Phi Theta Kappa (approved officers) - Medallion
- Sigma Beta Delta Honor Society - Medallion; Forest green stole with gold/forest green cord and tassels
- Sigma Iota Xi - Purple stole and cord
- Student Ambassador - White stole with gold lettering and green edging
- Student Government Association - Green and gold stole
- Veteran Military Service Members and Dependents - Red, white and blue cord
Only the above approved academic adornments can be worn with the academic regalia for Commencement.
Before The Ceremony
- This is an outdoor ceremony. Please wear light clothing under your gown. You will walk across the ballfield. Wearing high heels, pumps, or stilettos is discouraged.
- Arrive dressed in your cap and gown and report to the student check-in area. Check-in begins at 4:00 p.m. Graduates will be directed to their seats.
- Guests should be seated by 5:00 p.m.
- Pick up your name card at check-in. (You will hand this card to the Name Announcer who will read your name as you cross the stage.)
- Your personal belongings (purses, keys, etc.) must be secured with a friend or family member.
During The Ceremony
- Women should keep their caps on throughout the ceremony. Men should remove their caps for the National Anthem.
- You will be escorted to the platform for individual recognition. Please hand your name card to the announcer.
- When you cross the platform, the president will shake your hand and hand your diploma cover to you.
- Leave the platform by the opposite stairs, have your picture taken, and return to your row and seat.
- A photographer will take your picture as you greet the president and again after you exit the platform.
- All graduates and their guests are expected to remain in their seats until the entire ceremony is over. Please plan for approximately 2 1/2 hours, from the beginning of the ceremony.
After The Ceremony
- At the conclusion of the ceremony, you will be dismissed from your seat after the platform party and the faculty have exited.
- After the college has verified that all degree requirements have been met, diplomas will be mailed to the address listed in Student Workday in approximately 8 -12 weeks.
- Lifetouch will provide your proofs and photos upon the availability of your individual photographs.
- Note: Once a degree has been earned, your program status will automatically change to non-degree-seeking.
- Students who plan to pursue an additional degree or certificate must submit a Change Program of Study form through Workday. Not doing so will have an adverse impact on a student's eligibility for financial aid.
The commencement ceremony at the Ballpark of the Palm Beaches will take place outdoors. In the event of severe or dangerous weather, the ceremony will be postponed or cancelled. We will provide updates on this website.
Water bottles will be provided to each candidate before entering the field at the Ballpark.
Please note: Diplomas are not distributed at the ceremony. It takes about 8 weeks to prepare diplomas, so graduates will receive their diplomas in July. Diplomas will be mailed to the address that is in your Workday Student portal. If your address has changed, please update in your portal.
Transcripts reflect your degree has been conferred and can be ordered online. Degrees and certificates will be reflected on transcripts 2 days after graduation.
This honorary cord signifies your pride as an alumnus and a lifelong PBSC Panther!
In honor of your graduation, we invite the Class of 2023 to make a gift of $20.23 and receive your Panther Pride Cord.
Panther Cords may be purchased online by clicking the “Panther Pride Cord,” option and completing the form.
Panther Cords will be available for pick up on the day of Commencement.
Share Your Accomplishment
Use these hashtags: #PBSCgrad and #PBSCgrad2023
Be sure to hashtag your photos, videos & stories so we can repost and share your accomplishment with the world.