Student Counseling Center
|COMMUNITY RESOURCES||PB COUNTY RESOURCES||CONFIDENTIALITY/CONSENT||COUNSELOR'S CORNER||STUDENT DEVELOPMENT|
Counseling Center Events
COVID-19 & Counseling Center Updates
In response to the continuing Coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns in the United States,
the Counseling Center is working to clarify how this may affect access to mental health
services for our students and making necessary changes. Updates to services will be
posted as they become available. Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
- How to Cope With Anxiety About Coronavirus (COVID-19) (verywellmind.com)
- The Silvers Sentinel Newsletter (Representative David Silvers)
- Palm Beach County: Funding Available: Palm Beach County Department of Housing and Economic Sustainability hereby announce the availability of Community Development Block Grant Coronavirus funds (CDBG-CV) to provide financial assistance to income eligible households, impacted by COVID19, who are delinquent in their first mortgage and escrow payments (PITI). Additionally, funding may assist with second mortgages, late fees, condominium and homeowners' association payments, special assessments, and other mortgage associated costs related to COVID-19. | Learn More
Helpful Community Resources: Children’s Services Council has compiled an ongoing list of local resources that Palm Beach County families may find helpful in these uncertain times. | View Resources
The Student Counseling Center provides services and programs to help students maintain
their emotional well-being in order to achieve their educational goals.
Are you facing any of these issues?
Please contact us for support! Counseling is available on all five campuses. Bilingual counselors are available and we offer a variety of support groups to meet students needs.
Call to schedule an appointment with one of our talented counselors now.
- Boca Raton: BT 125
- Belle Glade: By Appointment Only
- Lake Worth: SCA 103
- Loxahatchee Groves: LGA 101
- Palm Beach Gardens: SC 123
After hours & need help?
Call 211 and speak to a trained professional in your area.
Confidentiality & Consent
As a client of the Counseling Center, you have the right to strict confidentiality and no information about your case will be released without your prior written authorization.
Students of Concern Confidentiality Exception
Confidentiality may be extended to the Dean of Students or Threat Assessment Committee under circumstances warranting such discussion for the purpose of Threat Assessment or Safety Concerns as described in the Student Handbook.
Robin Russo, LCSW
Director of Student Well Being
Robin has advanced training and or certification in such modalities as EMDR, TIR, DBT, Hypnotherapy, and Clinical Sexology. She has acted in a Clinical Director role in Substance Abuse Treatment facilities and as Program Coordinator for a specialized programming in the Hospice setting. Robin brings a unique background to mental health care in that she also has a degree in Physical Education/Exercise Science and believes the strong connection between mind and body in maintaining optimal health. She maintains a small private practice focused on women’s issues and supervision.
COUNSELING CENTER GROUPS
COMMUNITY RESOURCES & SELF-CARE
There are a number of services and support programs for the PBSC community and students. Find resources in the following areas:
- Crisis Stabilization
- Dating/Domestic Violence/Stalking
- Housing/ Food Insecurity
- LGBTQ support
- Mental Health
- Veteran's Services
MOBILE MEDICAL CLINIC-SERVICE SUSPENDED
*PLEASE NOTE: Mobile Health Clinic services are suspended until further notice due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Uninsured students and staff may receive health services from the Health Care District of Palm Beach County’s Mobile Health Clinic.
Services offered are:
- Primary care services such as physical exams and chronic disease management treatment (diabetes, hypertension, etc.)
- Preventative care such as colorectal and cervical cancer screenings, mammogram referrals, etc.
- Behavioral health services such as screenings and psychiatric and addiction treatment
For more information click here.
The Health Care District of Palm Beach County’s Mobile Health Clinic will come to the Lake Worth campus on the fourth Thursday of each month unless the College is closed. It will be parked in front of the Public Safety Training Center.
How do I make an appointment?
Both uninsured students and staff may receive health services.
To make an appointment, please call the Counseling Center at 561-868-3980.
From there, you must visit the Center in SCA103 at the Lake Worth Campus to fill out paperwork before being escorted to the clinic.