Congratulations Class of Fall 2017
Have you picked up your graduation packet? cap and gown? tickets?
You’ve finally done it!
Commencement is held twice a year, in December (Fall) and May (Spring). To be eligible to participate in the ceremony, a student’s degree audit must indicate they are 100% program complete or a potential term graduate.
Note: Summer graduates who would like to participate in the upcoming ceremony should send an e-mail request to the Graduation Office at email@example.com.
State Sen. Bobby Powell Jr.
Tuesday, December 19, 2017
There is no rehearsal prior to the ceremony. All graduates should report one hour before the start of the ceremony for preparation and final instructions.
- Bachelor's Degree Programs
- Associate in Science Degree
- Associate in Applied Science Degree
- Certificate Programs
- Associate in Arts Degree
Palm Beach County Convention Center
650 Okeechobee Boulevard
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
- Your Graduation Packet contains 4 tickets reserved in your name and Guide for Graduation. Photo ID is required.
- All guests, including all children (ages 2 years old and older), must have a ticket.
- Note: Tickets will not be available at the door.
- Based on availability, an 2 additional tickets per graduate will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- These tickets will be available on Monday, December 18 (8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.) at the Lake Worth campus bookstore only.
Graduates will be in full academic regalia (cap, gown, tassel). All tassels should be worn on the right side. The standard approved academic regalia are black gown for Certificates and Associates, green gown for Bachelor's, and mortar board with tassel. In addition, the following are the approved academic regalia for Honor's societies members:
- Dr. Floyd F. Koch Honors College - Medallion
- Dental Honors Society - White stole with blue edging and lilac tassel
- Lambda Epsilon Chi Paralegal Honor Society - Purple stole with gold Greek letters and gold edging
- Radiography Honors Society - Gold stole with Greek burgundy letters (Lambda Nu) & Maroon tassel
- Respiratory Honors Society - Gold pin
- PSI Beta - Medallion
- Phi Theta Kappa - Gold stole with blue Greek letters and gold tassel with Greek letters
- Phi Theta Kappa (approved officers)- Medallion
- Sigma Beta Delta Honor Society- Medallion; Forest green stole with gold/forest green cord and tassels
- Lambda Epsilon Chi Paralegal Honor Society- Purple stole with gold edging, Greek letters and gold seal
- Only the above approved academic adornments can be worn with the academic regalia for Commencement.
Class rings may be purchased through the college bookstore on any campus. If you or any of your guests need to request disability-related accommodations, please contact Disability Support Services at least one week before commencement. Please note that seating will be provided for guests using wheelchairs.
Before the Ceremony
December 19, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- Arrive dressed in your cap and gown and report to Exhibit Hall B one hour before the start of the ceremony.
- Ask your guests to go directly into the Exhibit Hall A for seating.
- Guests should be seated 15 minutes before the start of the ceremony, at which time, all doors are closed to allow passage of the procession.
- Late arrivals will be seated after the procession has entered.
- Pick up your name card at check-in. (This card will be an essential part of the degree and certificate conferral process during the ceremony.)
- Your personal belongings (purses, keys, etc.) must be secured with a friend or family member.
- No balloons or noisemakers are allowed in the Exhibit Hall.
During the Ceremony
- Please turn off or silence cell phones for the ceremony.
- Women should keep their caps on throughout the ceremony.
- Men should remove their caps for the National Anthem.
- As a part of the degree and certificate conferral process, you will be escorted to the platform for individual recognition.
- Please hand the name card you received to the announcer when you reach the platform.
- When you cross the platform, the president will shake your hand and hand your diploma cover to you.
- You may then leave the platform by the opposite stairs, have your picture taken, and return to your row and seat.
- A professional photographer from GradImages will be on stage to take your picture as you greet the president and again as you exit the platform.
- As a courtesy to your classmates and their guests, please inform your guests to remain seated throughout the ceremony and refrain from moving about to take photographs.
- Guests will have ample time following the ceremony to take pictures of you.
- All graduates and their guests are expected to remain in the Exhibit Hall until the entire ceremony is over. Please plan for approximately 2 1/2 hours.
After the Ceremony
- At the conclusion of the ceremony, you will be dismissed from your seat in the Exhibit Hall after the platform party and the faculty have exited.
- After the College has verified that all degree requirements have been met, diplomas will be mailed to the address listed on your degree application in approximately 8 weeks.
- GradImages will e-mail details on the availability of your individual photographs.
- Note: Once a degree has been earned, your program status will automatically change to non-degree-seeking.
- Students who plan to pursue an additional degree or certificate must submit a Change Program of Study form through PantherWeb.
- Not submitting a Change Program of Study form will have an adverse impact on a student’s eligibility for financial aid.
If you have further questions, please contact the Graduation Office at 561-868-3030 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you miss it? Watch Spring 2017 Commencement